Seperating

Iruka entered the classroom, rethinking what he had seen while with the Hokage. Everyone in the room had admired Haruka's determination, seeing her go to such lengths for something so small. Yet, what the Hokage had told him about her... It was saddening.

The Jonin all started asking about her, her relations to Naruto and such. After a bit of prodding, he had told them the story. It made Iruka look at her and see her differently. Instead of the hard eyes and rigid posture, he saw the strength, determination, and care instead. He hoped she would accomplish her goal, like everyone else.

Haruka watched Iruka as he stepped to the front of the room and cleared his throat. When he started announcing the teams, she leaned forward, anxious. He went on and on, not mentioning a single of their names.

Sweat was going down her forehead as he said "Team 7... Naruto Uzumaki." This was it. The moment of truth. "Sakura Haruno." Haruka payed no mind to the cheering Nii-san and depressed Sakura, instead focusing on Iruka. "And Sasuke Uchiha. Team 8."

Haruka sat even straighter, eyes a bit wide. Perhaps he forgot to include her? That was a possibility, especially since she was the latest one to enter the academy. She listened as he continued, waiting for him to end so she could speak up.

"Kiba Inuzuka. Shino Aburame. Hinata Hyuga. And, since there is an extra graduate this year, Haruka, uh, Uzumaki."

Haruka stood quickly, panicking. "Wait, Iruka Sensei."

"Yes, Haruka?"

Haruka quickly thought of someway to fix this, biting lightly on her lip. "Would it not be smarter to place me with team 7? There is, most likely, going to be much disfunction and another team mate will help." It was lousy, but all she could think of.

Before Iruka could speak, though, Nii-san spoke up. "No way! I already gotta deal with stupid Sasuke, believe it! And you'll only get in the way!"

Haruka collapsed in her seat, depressed once again. She sat alone, there being more empty seats seeing as not every student made it to Genin, so she could lay her head on her hands with her elbows spread out.

Not listening to Naruto's complaints, or Iruka, she sighed. Absentmindly, she had put a senbon in her mouth to twist and turn. Choji had looked over her with a worried stare until he heard his name called, and then once again refocused his attention.

"Alright, guys, so that's all the teams." Iruka started talking about where they were meeting their Senseis and a few final parting words as Haruka ignored it all. So, when it came time to leave, she just sat there, staring at the wall in front of her.

He hated her, and now she couldn't be near him to keep him safe. Things had gone very wrong, and she deserved it all. She was just a horrible sister, and that's all there was too it.

Her new team mates, seeing she wasn't planning on moving in the near future, wearily approached her desk. They all had no idea what to expect from her, especially from yesterdays performance. Kiba was still a tad angry from his defeat by her, but it was mostly replaced by pity. Haruka looked like she had died when Naruto shunned her, and that was payback enough.'

"uh... H-Haruka? W-we have t-to go n-now and meet our S-sensei..." Hinata stuttered nervously, fiddling with her hands. She was blushing more than usual,  because her team mate was the sister of him and she just didn't know how to deal with that. Especially since they looked so much alike.

"Yeah, c'mon." Kiba echoed, wanting to hurry up and see who their Jonin trainer was.

"Leave me alone in my misery, please." Haruka still spoke monotone, like usual, but somehow managed to give of a very dark aura to the three.