Befriending

Before Haruka could even knock, the door was flung open, to reveal a wild looking Naruto. Ha had been on edge the whole time, and she could tell how nervous he was. For what, she wasn't sure, but she would find out.

"Hello, Uzumaki!" She greeted him with a false cheerfulness to alleviate his nerves. Not that she wasn't happy to see him, but she was so not used to smiling and such all the time that it was forced. "I have come to return your knife. It was very useful and I thank you again." She held it out as Naruto stood frozen.

He had no idea what to say. She was being nice, which was strange, spoke like an old lady, and seemed so polite. Yet, he knew if he wasn't careful, he would lose any chance of gaining a friend. So he slowly retrieved the knife from Haruka, processing her previous words.

"Why'd you call me Uzumaki?" He questioned, as he grabbed the knife and threw it behind him, causing some questionable noises to erupt from his apartment. Haruka frowned a little worriedly, but he didn't flinch.

"Because I find last names... Honorable. Is that alright?" It was true. As a young child, she had a few weird habits, being so isolated. Last name collecting was one. Having only a first name, she liked to learn as many surnames as possible in the hopes she could find her own. Naruto nodded like a bobble head doll.

"Of course! Believe it! Can I call you by your last name then?"

An awkward silence followed. "Well, as much as that would please me, I am called Haruka, and nothing more."

Naruto scratched his head, not quite understanding her speech. "So you don't have a last name? That's weird! Believe it!"

Haruka smiled politely, her head slightly tilted. She needed to go and get things set up at her apartment. Though she did not have many possessions, she would need to make sure the windows were secure and do a check for security. Also, she had not slept properly for a while and that, along with her recent activities, made her fatigue press tightly in her skull.

"Yes, it is strange. I must be going now, but perhaps you could think of a nickname if that would make you feel better? Nice talking to you, Uzumaki." She nodded and turned to leave.

"Wait!" Naruto grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving. He happened to grab the one she recently cut for her brand, making her flinch. She swallowed the pain, not wanting to worry him, and turned. "Can, uh, we walk to the academy together tomorrow? So you don't get lost! Believe it!"

"Of course, Uzumaki. That is a kind idea. I shall see you then." She smiled again and turned, walking to her apartment.

Naruto closed his doors and his celebration for his first friend could be heard throughout the building. His happiness made Haruka feel a bit more serene, knowing she was the cause of it.

Once inside her apartmanet, she emptied her last scroll, which had a little extra money, her extra set of clothes and some ninja gear. That consisted of many senbon, and a few kunai and shuriken. Her senbon came in different sizes, from the size of a thumb to the size of a hand, middle finger to wrist. The small ones were meant for stealth while the large ones were meant more for damage. The smaller ones had allowed her many times to give naruto a way to slip out of sticky situations.

Once everything was away, she looked at her one window. It was in her bedroom, and seemed flimsy. She took some wire and booby trapped the bottom of the window sill, so if anyone were to attempt to climb in, they would be cut up. It was now about eight o'clock and she decided to just sleep. She did not need to train that day, as she would be going to the academy tomorrow and could afford a day off.

She merely took off her skirt , leaving the mask on, and let her hair down. She did not want to chance any unexpected arrivals in the morning seeing her face, which would be a disaster. Sighing, she closed her eyes and slept, not looking forward to her new classmates.

Sorry it's been so long, my fruity phoenixes! (sorry, couldn't resist!) Lets just say, testing is poo :(  I have a question, which I expect few answers cuz I have few readers but I shall still ask... Is this story a waste of my time? I've seen some with less and more comments and votes and such? So am I too cliché? A bad writer? Or just lazy readers? If you are lazy, then continue on. Who am I to stop a lazy reader? If it's one of the others, should I delete it? Try a different story? Completely redo it? Add pictures of hot guys? Suggestions are loved! (just please make them constructive. I would die if cussed out on this book...) So...

STAY FABULOUS. THERE SHALL BE HUMOUR SOON, MY GEESE!!!!