Defending

The next day, Ino gathered them all around the fire before they headed out.

"Okay, guys! We lucked out with that last team, so we just need to go straight to the tower and avoid any other teams. If we do that, we'll be set. Alright?" She put her hand in the middle, once again making them throw their hands up.

Ino led them off into the forest. The sun had just risen, but there was bound to be many teams out. After a few minutes, she stopped, hearing something.

The boys and Haruka stopped behind her, hearing some voices and clinging, sure signs that a battle was going on. Putting her fingers to her lips, she crept into a bush right beside the noises.

What they saw made Haruka go cold.

Sakura was facing three sound nin, and Rock Lee was fighting them, seemingly defending her. That wasn't what upset her, though. Behind the pinkette, her Nii-san and Sasuke lay underneath a tree, passed out.

He had been hurt, and she had been too cowardly to help him. It was all her fault. If only she had sucked it up and snuck away to at least check on him, she could have kept them safe.

Shaking, she stood. Choji tried to grab her wrist to stop her, but Ino stopped him. She knew that there was no stopping Haruka where her brother was concerned, and they could always step in if things got to bad.

Flashing beside Sakura, Haruka's bangs hid her eyes. "Sakura. Who hurt him." She growled, emotions flaring in her. It was strange, to hear so much anger in her voice, but there was too much of it to keep it inside. She was shaking from it all, trying to prevent herself from killing everyone who even looked at Nii-san wrong.

Sakura jumped at the girl's sudden appearance. Stuttering, she answered. "A man named O-orochimaru."

One of the sound ninja spoke up, smirking. "Aw, is the little girl all mad our boss hurt her boyfriend?" He taunted, ignoring his leader's frown.

Pausing, her head snapped to him. "Your Boss hurt my Nii-san?" She murmured quietly, hands reaching down and slowly pulling off four weights.

"Yeah! And Whatcha gonna do about it?" He sneered, hands up and ready to use the holes on them to blast her.

"Maim you." She stated, disappearing. These nin had indirectly hurt her Nii-san, and they would pay. No one could get away with even scratching him.

She started with the girl of the group, knowing that most of the time they were the weak link. Sakura, surprisingly, joined in, going at the boy who had yelling at Haruka. Haruka didn't pay attention to her efforts, focusing on her own.

Using her knives, she lunged at the girl. She only nicked her before she dodged, taking senbon out. Not hesitating, Haruka shot another attack at her that was blocked. After this went on for a bit, she jumped back.

Putting her knives away and taking out some senbon, she began one of her techniques.

"Thousand Flashes Beheading Dance." She stated lowly, getting into position. Jumping forward, she slashed at the girl over and over. Haruka landed many hits, even managing to get senbon stuck in the girl. After a thousand slashes, she backed off, watching the girl fall to the ground.

Before she could turn, something slammed into her back, making her fall forward on her knees. Clutching at her ears, she turned slightly to see the third member, whom she had forgotten about, looking down at her.

"Looks like you forgot about me, huh?" He said, a dark look in his eyes.

Haruka could barely make out what he was saying. She should be healing her ears but wanted to save her chakra for her Nii-san. He was much more important than her.

The girl that she had been fighting earlier slowly stood, not too injured. She had been faking to get Haruka's attention away from her teammate sneaking up on her.

Seeing that Dosu had the girl handled, Kin turned to help Zaku who currently had the pink haired idiot on his arm, digging her teeth into it. Rolling her eyes, she grabbed a fistful of her hair and jerked her away, smirking at the tears in her eyes.

Lurching to her feet, Haruka shook, barely able to stand. That blow really messed her up; Not only were her ears trashed, but she was fairly sure that something inside her was messed up as well.

Before she could try to fight, Team 10 jumped out, Ino dragging the boys. She looked at Haruka, smiling. "We got things covered here. You go help him."

Nodding gratefully, Haruka stumbled over to Nii-san. She couldn't hear any of the battles going on because of her ears, but trusted them enough to turn away.

Collapsing to her knees in front of Nii-san, she mustered up chakra to begin healing him. Sasuke looked bad as well, but Haruka could already tell that there was little she could do for him. Whatever was going on with him wasn't physical or mental. It was something else entirely.

Focusing on Nii-san, she found out that all he had was chakra exhaustion. Sighing with relief, she transferred chakra to him, careful not to give him too much. If she did, his body might reject it and mess up his chakra system.

Leaning back, she worked on herself as fast as she could. Her ear drums were ruptured, and her kidneys were a bit bruised. Thankfully, she knew how to handle that.

Halfway through, something walked past her, making her jerk her head up. That something was Sasuke.

A crazy, demonic Sasuke covered in dark tattoos. Her eyes lingered on him a bit as he walked over Sakura out of curiosity, but shook her head and continued healing herself. Must be an Uchiha thing, she thought, mentally shrugging.

By the time she was done, the battle was over. The sound nin left a few minutes after Sasuke entered the fray. Sometime during the fight, Rock Lee's team had joined them all, and Tenten took care of her passed out teammate. Ino helped Sakura with her hair, and Sasuke leaned against a tree, seemingly exhausted.

Haruka would have offered to heal some of them, but didn't have the chakra. She barely had enough to stay awake. Settling beside Nii-san, she catched as the two boys on her team approached him.

Nodding at her, Shikamaru turned to Nii-san, rolling his eyes. "Wake up, Naruto." He sighed when the boy didn't move. "What a drag."

Choji had picked up a stick and started poking him. He was still a bit mad that Naruto had been mean to his crush, and wanted revenge.

Angry, Haruka reached out to take the stick when Nii-san suddenly woke up, diving forward.

"Everyone, hide! That grass ninja might be near! Believe it!" He yelled, covering his head.

Haruka smiled a bit, seeing he was okay. Knowing that he was in no danger, she let herself relax, passing out with a sigh.

Current Count: 29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

Soooooooooooooo...

Here's some advice if you ever start writing on wattpad; SAVE!!! Even if it's only been a sentence, Save it! I've had to rewrite so many things because I didn't save...

Song is just 'cuz.

School is starting up so updates may be a bit slower. I have no idea... But I swear I'll do at least three a week! Okay?

Love? Like? Dislike? Hate?