"Punishment" Week

Gamora's POV

"Polishing weapons is harder than I thought," sighed Gamora, who was cleaning a knife. "I wonder how Quill's doing."

That was a week ago, since Rocket decided to lighten Peter and Gamora's "punishment" by moving their respective challenge and task by next week. It now turned into a horrible week. So far, Gamora's finished fare was Drax's other knife, Rocket's gun, and Peter's element guns.

"I'm not doing so well either," said Peter who overheard her question. "Imagine! I've gotten used to drinking something, so I keep drinking water. The toilet's never been overused. I feel bad for it."

"What are you doing here?" Gamora demanded, brandishing her sword. Peter's eyes widened.

"Who, me?" he asked innocently. "I just came by. Was bored out of my spine. Nice job with my guns, by the way." Peter stooped down to pick them up, but Gamora pointed the sword to his hand. "Not today, Quill. Not today."

Peter looked very disappointed that Gamora was compelled to speak. "Look, I'm very sorry, Peter, but I really don't want to get you or anyone into trouble. You know that too damn well."

Gamora glanced at the Star-Lord now. He had a fixed stare at Drax's knives, laying shiny and no tarnishes and rusty parts. He definitely didn't know how much effort Gamora put into those blades. Rocket could get pretty capricious if she left out some spots behind in his guns.

Gamora watched Peter absently clutch Yondu's arrow. He sighed as he set it down again. So many memories flooded back to him, pleasant and unpleasant. Then he shot a glance at the telekinetic red fin that Yondu once wore. He could almost imagine his blue head in it. That red fin glowed faintly, with an accompanying whistle.

"Peter, are you there?"

"Oh my--!" The idiot started. Straightening his red jacket, he said, "You started me so much, green girl. Don't do that again."

"You took another trip to..." Gamora searched the right words carefully. "...memory lane. Yeah. You had this teary-eyed look I've seen you wear after you first read your mother's letter." If Drax were here, he would probably ask what it meant. The reply would be tired sighs all around.

"Oh...shouldn't be here. I'll see you soon, okay? Um...wasn't supposed to intrude anyway." Peter got up. "Bye, green girl."

"Goodbye."

As Peter walked away, Gamora had a moment to herself once more. Ugh, she thought, finally, he went away. Also, she never got to express her emotions when he called her green girl. He always called her that when he wasn't calling her Gamora.

She tossed her black hair as she set down another one of Rocket's guns, something she finished after Drax's other knife. She picked up her own blade.

Gamora faced her sword and saw the reflection on her eyes as it looked back on her. She could get very emotional sometimes, because she was living, after all, with mostly males. It was a relief that Mantis was there, as she was a girl (despite her naïvete and lack of self-defense skills, Gamora pointed out). They were all so intoxicated and stupid half the time.
The assassin sat there, polishing her sword, lapsing on staring into space (no pun intended) and melodramatic sighs every now and then.

She could remember what Peter said to her last night: "You're different than the other girls I met. You're strong, jndependent, fierce, funny, and have very satisfactory dancing skills." But knowing Peter, he might as well be hitting on her.

Mantis once said that Peter had "romantic, sexual love"