An Unexpected Surprise

Peter Quill's POV

"Ten, nine, eight, seven..." Peter was counting the seconds left until the last day of the "punishment" week. It was truly horrible. He and Gamora didn't talk for the rest of it.

"...three, two, one." His breath stopped. He looked at the clock. It was midnight. Peter was incredulous. "Yes!" He danced around his cabin, Fox on the Run playing.

Suddenly, Gamora burst in. "Quill!" she said. "The new week has begun! After days of shining the entire arsenal room...we should celebrate!" She jumped. Peter had never seen her like this before.

"Okay," he said. "Is anyone awake?"

"Not really..." Gamora replied. She hesitated, then gave him his weapons back. "Here you go..." she said, getting closer to Peter. She said, "I'm sorry for not talking to you. You just know how to get on my nerves."

The song had faded into a calm musical number. Peter swallowed as they sat down on the bed. Here was the girl whom he had an immense crush on...her head resting on his shoulder. 

Rocket told him that she tried to go after him. He said that it was a sign of her feelings. Did Gamora really want to do that? he thought.

"Quill? Hello..."

Gamora was waving her hand on Peter's face. He snapped back from his reverie. "That was the second time you stared into space like last Monday! What were you thinking?"

"Of you, obviously!"

Peter's eyes widened, as those three words went out of his mouth. Blinking, he shook his head. "Oh, um..." he said, then sighed. Then he did something without any warning and totally unexpected on Gamora's mind...

Peter kissed her.

On the lips, of course. It lasted only a while.  Though it was a great feeling, Peter pulled away, looking at Gamora.

She opened her eyes and slapped him very hard. It didn't hurt him a lot (surprisingly). But that was a very Gamora-like reaction and he anticipated it.

"Crap, Quill. I really didn't expect that would happen. Quit scaring the heck out of me. And please keep this under wraps. I will if you would," she said. Peter simply smiled in reply. It had the tiniest hint of flirtation in it, but he respected Gamora as much as he could.

To his surprise, however, she turned an unusually dark shade of green. "I'll see you later." She yawned as she said this. "I need to sleep..."

"Yeah...sorry about what happened!"

"Whatever, Quill." She walked out.

After Gamora was gone, Peter lay on the bed. Actually, he wasn't really intent on kissing her, but it felt like he just had to. It was his way of saying I'm sorry about 'punishment' week! It was a good idea, too, keeping the kiss secret. The others would laugh it off or worry about it. Mixed reactions, of course.

Suddenly Peter got up and put on his jacket. He remembered he planned on going to Earth, so he brought some things: element guns, Zune, earphones, and his mother's letter. Grabbing a pen and paper, he quickly scribbled a note to Gamora.

👍👍👍👍👍👍
I have nothing else to say...

Just...wow! I planned the kiss all along, not Peter, lol...were you shocked? Ha, of course you were. Not the moment, but by the shortness. (If that's even a word.)

Originally, my idea turned out to be very long. I cut some bits and pieces out that didn't seem right for the story.

Enjoying the book? Here's some galactic grape biscuits! 🍪🍪🍪🍇🍪🍪🍪🍇🍪🍪🍪🍇

No nut content at all, so peanut-intolerant people and others are free to binge! #NoNutsAllowed 🌰🚫

I'm just kidding, I add emoji stuff for fun. And my phone is a little old, so the emojis are quite lacking. I don't have the peanut emoji (there is) so can you show me in the comments?

FYI, just in case you were wondering, Peter replaces his Walkman with a Zune. It's kind of like an iPod, only released by Microsoft. (Or so I read in Wikipedia. I read it for fun kasi eh.)

Good day to you!