Plan in Action

Gamora's POV

While Gamora was asleep, Peter slid a note under her door and ran off. An hour or so later, she woke up and suddenly tripped.

Cursing under her breath, she looked under her feet, then grabbed the note. "This wasn't here before..." She read it.

Gamora,

It's Peter. I already jumped ship to Earth.  I'm heading there. I'll be back ASAP, you know. Just be there for a day or two. It won't be long. It's not "punishment" week ;)
You need to convince the other Guardians. They didn't see me when I snuck out. Well, I heard Mantis somewhere though, but that was when I was in the ships room...or something like it.

Good luck,
Peter Quill :)

"Oh..." Gamora folded the letter up. How could she forget? She set the letter on the night table. Today will be arguing with Rocket, preventing Drax from searching the rooms, hiding the cassette and headphones from Groot, and training Mantis...it was just as worse as "punishment" week.

"But it isn't like cleaning the weapons," Gamora said to herself fiercely. She needed to push those doubts away. Then she remembered Peter's kiss. He obviously respected her. It didn't escalate into something else.

Gamora shook her head. Don't let doubt take control you. He is a mere terran. You are the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. This is what I'm made to be. You are not in love with Peter Quill. You do not fall for anybody, she thought. Then she went out of her cabin.

"Hey, where's the Star-Lord idiot?" Rocket asked. "I haven't seen that git anywhere."

"Wow, look who's up!" Gamora replied, a sarcastic tone on her voice. "And I thought you guys oversleep. Peter went to Xandar early. Never told me why he's there, though."

"Liar," said Rocket. "Quill put you up to this."

"No, he didn't."

"You had a rendezvous, right? I saw you go to his room. Talking a blue streak."

"Come on, rodent, you're kidding. I didn't talk a lot." Gamora so wanted to slap Rocket right now.

"Fine. Don't be late for breakfast."

"Yes, and I'll quit being a Guardian."

Rocket grunted and walked out. Gamora walked in the direction of the common room, hoping to bump into someone. Sure enough, that someone was Drax.

"Hey, Mr. What's-a-Metaphor," Gamora greeted. "Good morning."

"Good morning," Drax said, adding a curse word. Gamora groaned. Will no one try not to swear or make obscene gestures for even a day?

"So, I heard you bantering with the rodent. Where is Peter?" he asked. Mantis also passed by, waving merrily at him.

"Um...in Xandar. I think."

"That's what he told you?"

"Yeah. In a note."

"Let me see it." Drax pushed Gamora aside.

"No, I won't let you. How about you help Mantis cook something? I'm really starving right now," Gamora said uneasily. Her stomach rumbled right on cue, to her surprise.

"Okay. Wait up!" said Drax, chasing Mantis, who was way ahead already. As he went away, Gamora grinned. What exactly was going on between those two? She'll never know.

She smiled like a fool as she walked by. She remembered those times she spent with Peter, such as listening to songs. They were eating galactic grape biscuits, and suddenly, Gamora snorted out floating crumbs! Peter always got a good laugh. It apparently was a "side effect" when you ate something with galactic grapes.

No, it can't be. Gamora stopped in her tracks.

Was it possible that she may have a crush on Star-Lord, the biggest idiot in the galaxy? This question somehow put a spring in her step, making her jump at small noises.

"No, no, no. This will never happen. Never ever! I won't fall in love with that guy. He's probably hitting on a girl in Earth right now," she said aloud, her voice lowering at the last three words.

"I am Groot! I am Groot! I am--"

"You never heard anything, dumb tree!" said Gamora, covering Groot's mouth. But the cat was out of the bag. But not Peter's secret, however, as she was going to find out.

"I am Groot!" The tree made a heart shape with his branches, which grew leaves and white flowers. Gamora's eyes widened. It probably meant "You have a crush on Peter Quill!" in definite Groot-speak. But, really, it was hard to tell.

"If you're saying that I have feelings for Quill, you're wrong!"

"I am Groot. I am Groot, I am Groot."

"Huh?"

"I am Groot? I am Groot!"

"Leave me alone!" Gamora sprinted back to her room. She opened the door, entered inside, and kicked the door shut. She had never been so...ashamed for breaking a promise. She had sealed her fate when Peter made her agree on the plan.

Gamora stayed in her room for what seemed like an hour. She heard a knock. Three times.

"Who is it?" she asked cautiously.

"It is me, Mantis. I have been asked to bring you some food. Please come out."

She knocked again. Gamora didn't want to disappoint the poor girl if she acted mean, because after all, Mantis was new. Giving in to the simple request, she let her in.

"Thank you," Gamora said. There were eggs and some fruit. She prayed it would taste good. Mantis looked anxiously at the green girl, and slowly touched her.

"You are under pressure," she said. Gamora looked at Mantis, her mouth stuffed with eggs. "You are humiliated, ashamed, and overly troubled."

"Please don't tell anyone what you just said."

"That is okay. I am good at keeping secrets."

Gamora listened to Mantis. "You are under pressure because of Peter Quill. You feel humiliation and shame for saying your emotions. You are troubled of it all. By the way, you feel confusion because of Groot's indistinguishable language."

"Mantis, please keep this under wraps, because Quill will never talk to me again."

"Do not worry. I will."

👍👍👍👍👍👍
Great job!

This is the long part you've been waiting for, everyone! 👏👏👏 Thank you for, like, holding on to my book. I really like it, because a few readers like you are impressive. Always willing to give up more worthwhile reads than mine💚
Out there, guys, there are more interesting books! Now's the chance to totally ditch my read...

What?

You still want to read?!

Wow, yourself.

Here's Gamora's emoji breakfast: 🍳🍳🍳🍏🍎🍊🍋🍇🍈🍉🍐🍑🍒🍓

Oh, you quit?

That's OK! 👌 It was nice of you to read my book! I feel weird today.

Good day to you!