Chapter 1

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It's been a restless day and I've been on edge most of the day. I lay there fully clothed in shorts and a tank top with a jean jacket over it. My pulse is almost steady but my thoughts keep pressuring me.

Summer is arriving and the weather is growing as high as the tension that's been building in me for some time now. My mind was made up, tonight I will run away. Though I have no clue where, I have no one to run to. My parents are going to be out late tonight so it's the perfect chance. My name is Lily and I'm sixteen. I have no friends, only my family.

My parents and family love me......but it doesn't seem like it's right. I don't feel like I belong here with them. I feel like I'm meant to be elsewhere. Somewhere I'm needed.... I can feel it. Being stuck here in this house, in my room, I need to get out. A bag is already packed and hidden in my closet, containing my iPod, tablet, a few books, some clothes, two pairs of shoes, some money I saved up, and three journals I keep to write in.

Laying on my bed and staring at my ceiling, I was waiting for my parents to leave for the night. It's about 9:00pm.

"Lily!" my mom calls me from downstairs. I don't move, but call out,

"Yes, mommy?"

"You're father and I are gone for the night. Don't forget to turn on the alarm, okay?"

"I won't. Be safe." inside, my tone was flat, but over the years I learned to put false emotions into my voice like enthusiasm.

"Alright, we're gone. Love you."

I didn't respond, I love my parents but my patience was running thin, they need to leave. As soon as I heard the front door close and lock, got my bag out from my closet. Putting I on, my heart was beating way too fast and I started seeing black spots I my eyes. I lost my balance and fell to the ground. Tears were falling from my eyes, I had to get out of here but I need to get my emotions in order. Where will you go? A voice in my head says. Thinking I remember when I was little and my mom would tell me the story of Neverland. I remembered how I loved hearing about it and forcing my parents to let me watch every Peter Pan movie.

That's it!!! Squinting my eyes closed, I said,

"I wish to go to Neverland" my tone contained every ounce of hope I could form.

A few seconds passed when I heard a tap at my window. Cautiously walking over I opened the blind to see a shadow person. My window was opening as the shadow held out his hand to me. I couldn't remember shadows being a part of Neverland for some reason.... but I ignored the disbelieving thought and took the shadows hand. I held on tightly as it pulled me into the night air, keeping me up and then it began to fly into the night sky. Not even taking a moment to look back at my house, we kept going up. Into the stars my heart beat slowly, I felt like this was the right choice. I was going home.