Chapter 15

******************************************Lily's P-O-V

My party was about to start and I just got dressed. Queen Clarion gave me a spell to create an outfit that would change to my liking for every dance I'd do. She told me that since I was to change soon, I had to start practicing magic soon. I was excited, I'll admit it, but I was saddened by one thing. Peter Pan.

*****************************************Peter Pan's P-O-V

I had to be on my best behavior. Never did I think that she would leave. How did she leave without my protection spell alerting me? She is a dragon, she could have magic. It doesn't matter to me though, I just need her back. I need to show her she's the only one.

******************************************Lily's P-O-V

Everyone that Clarion  invited on the island but the Lost Boys and Peter. She didn't tell me otherwise. Everyone was together in separate groups. We were all in a circular formation. One spot in the circle was empty, I assumed that was the Lost boys and Peter position. I stood in the center of the circle , making eye contact with everyone. They all looked at me curiously. Clarion addressed everyone at once in a loud tone.

"All people and creatures of Neverland, welcome to Lily's party. She would love to express her feelings through dancing so that she can let it all go."

Creatures and people nodded in understanding. I looked at that empty section on the circle. Something felt off....not real.

Shaking off the feeling, I turned my attention to the song that started. Sweet Dreams by Marylin Manson. My hips began to sway side to side and rotate to the rhythm. I didn't sing to the song. I only danced. Soon others began to join in. But they were coming from a section at a time. They integrated and I grew less self-conscious of my movements.

A new song started, Power Trip by J. Cole ft. Miguel. The boys sat this one out. Us girls went heavy with the beat and they wouldn't have been able to keep up with our tempos. I felt that I was being watched, but not by the groups dancing or by Clarion. It was that one empty section that had me stealing glances. I was sensing something, my animalistic instincts were calling to me. A few songs went by before I could stop the aching need to take a closer look at that section.

Dancing closer and closer to the section I looked at the section with my enhanced eyes. I felt that I was being watched by multiple people. The song that was on ended. My hand came to a barely visible shimmer and when I touched it, I could feel the minds of the people on the other side of that shimmer. One stood out from the rest. With a simple thought if dispersing the shimmer, it began to reveal who was on the other side. As this was happening, Dark Horse by Katy Perry started and I came face to face with Peter Pan. His sparkly green eyes staring into my enhanced dragon ones.

Sharply, I turned away and walked to the center of the circle. I sang the song because the other girls had started singing the b-vocals. As we sang I could feel a presence I my mind where the demon was. The island grew cloudy and windy. The beat grew deeper. Most of the guys and girls, creatures and people, were dancing. Except for Peter Pan. He allowed the lost boys to dance. They tried dancing with me, but I kept the conversations short. They all wanted me to come back. They said that they miss me. I couldn't see why. What have I done?

Peter kept his eyes on me the whole time. I wasn't creeped out though. I wanted him to see me like this, expressing myself. That's something I really didn't do like I should've. I didn't care who danced with me. Felix even danced with me and shared what words he could form. But he said something the other boys hadn't. He said that Peter wanted me back. That's all he said but I didn't react well.

"Lair...." my tone was like steel and I quickly moved away from him. The music was still going, but I left the circle. I needed to get away for a while. This dance was helping, but with Peter here I couldn't help but feel like he was here for more than an observation. He already broke my heart, why should I come back?

As I made my way from the party, I felt like I was being followed. When I stopped and leaned against a tree my follower spoke up.

"Lily we need to talk."

It was Peter Pan. I looked at him with a tired look and sighed,

"Go on Peter."

"Why did you leave Lily?"

"Peter we both know I'm better off here. I haven't done anything, Peter, nothing. The boys say they want me back and I don't know why. Then Felix says you want me back and I just don't see a reason why. Peter, what have I done?"

He stared at me with those piercing green eyes, stepping closer to me.

"You've been there Lily. For the boys and for me. Whether you want to acknowledge the fact or not you've made us more humane."

"But why do I need to come back? I'm sure your girlfriend can do all of that."

"She's not my girlfriend. I don't even liker her. She  can't replace you, not ever! Don't you think for a second that I'd even let her try. She isn't you! Lily, don't you know how you make me feel?"

I shook my head, completely surprised by his reaction. I was speechless.

"Lily......" Peter cupped one side of my face and stepped even closer to me. I was frozen.

"Lily, I'm in LOVE with you..."

He sounded like he wanted to continue but waited to let the information sink in for me. I was mortified by his words and concealing the feeling was hard.