Chapter 21

I'm still laying on that stone bed. Warmth spread through every muscle in my body, calling me to wake up. I can feel Peter and Jagger watching me and I know that they can hear my speeding heartbeat. It's so loud and I don't know how to stop it. I could feel Peter grab my left hand and Jagger grab my right. Instantly, my eyes opened to see the starry night above me. Peter and Jagger still hold my hands as they both help me sit up. I let Peter hug me and I hugged him. Jagger let go of my hand and started to walk away.

"Wait Jagger."

He stopped and looked at me with pain and joy in his eyes.

"I remember you and everything that happened with my parents. I know that they are coming and they will destroy this island in the process. I'm not going to let that happen. I'm sorry I can't bring back the girl you once knew, but I still want you as my best friend."

Jagger nodded eagerly and Peter asked.

"Have you ever seen your parents as dragons?"

"No, they were very careful to never change in front of me or in the house. But I think we all know that they will come in their dragon forms."

"We won't let them take you Lily." Peter told me.

"But I don't want them to kill you all either. I know both dark and light magic and I know demon magic. Standing up to them will only make them mad and I don't know whether or not they have demon or angel magic. What if they are one of each? I won't be able to stop them from harming anyone.....unless...I need to transform now."

"But Queen Clarion said that you have to feel a strong emotion to change." Peter said.

"I know. I need to be really happy and angry. You two need to make me feel both at once. I need to have angel and demon magic, not just dark and light and some demon magic."

"Are you sure?" Both Jagger and Peter asked ans I nodded. 

"You guys have always done your best to protect me now it's my turn."

Jagger stepped forward,

"Guess I'll go first.....after you lost you memory, I dedicated my time to finding the pack that attack you and the servants. They had turned themselves in a few moths after the incident saying that they were threatened to do it by you parents council. But they claimed that your parents had nothing to do with."

I felt great knowing he had done such a thing to avenge me even though I had no idea who he was or that he even existed. But then the fact that my own race tried to terminate my ex-fiance mad a fire start burning in my throat. Now it was Peter's turn to try.

"You know that I'd do anything for you my love. You know how sorry I am for pushing you away and using Lisa as a replacement for all the things I should have done with you. And I am sorry for saying this....I lied when I said that all she and I did was kiss and makeout. I-I....I h-had sex w-with her...three times."

My mind completely snapped and I dropped to my knees. I could clearly hear the demon back in my mind again telling me to kill Peter and Lisa. With the demon talking, I could barely hear Peter continue,

"But even time, I pictured you. Not once did I say her name while we were doing it. I only said your name and she knows it. I love you Lily. I'm in LOVE with you. I'm sorry for all the things I've done to hurt you. None of it was intentional but you have to believe me when I say that no girl has ever made me feel as much as you have and no girl will have a grip on my heart like you do."

With those words, I felt a light burst into the darkness of my mind. But it isn't enough to make the angel completely com. That's when Felix stepped out of the shadows,