Chapter 22

Warning: The end of this chapter gets a bit....exciting I guess you could say. ;) Enjoy, vote, and comment please.

Peter's P-O-V

We sat in that cave for hours hearing the roars of dragons outside. But I knew something was really off. There was too many different tones of roars to be just three dragons. I heard Lily's familiar shrill go off multiple times and so many screams go off. I immediately wanted to go out there and help Lily. I never wanted her to face her parents in the first place. We left the entrance open for Lily to find us. There are many tunnels in this cave so a lot of the faeries and my boys went off to find places to hide and venture into. The faeries have had this place as a safety place for a long time so they had hundreds of rooms built in the tunnels. I stayed near the mouth of the cave but just far enough to where I wouldn't be seen.

Queen Clarion had some of her soldiers stand guard with me. Blake stood next to me. Him and Lisa have been dating for a while and  he knows that she and I were together. Let's just say he's not pleased that I used her as a replacement for Lily either. But he hasn't lay a hand on me. Lisa keeps her distance from me as well. Her only focus seems to be Lily at the moment. We've had to keep her from leaving the cave as well. Lisa keeps saying, "She's going to need me." and Blake is the only one who knows what she's talking about. But he's forbidden to share what she's needed for. 

The roars got very close at one point and then I heard a scream....a human scream. I was more alert than ever. My heart raced with anxiety and fear. The scream came again but much closer. It was so close I could here the muffled cries. My fear was beginning to drive me mad. Then two figures appeared at the mouth of the caves. A woman carrying a shaking and barely conscious Lily. They both had makeshift clothes on. I raced towards them.

"What happened!? Is Lily ok?!"

Lily continued to shake and didn't respond. Her eyes are closed but she began to move her arms towards me. 

"Peter..."

 I instantly grabbed her out of the woman's arms. The woman looked back at the top of the cave, tears in her eyes. She looked very worried. Then a man was in mid transformation as he landed and shifted human. He was bloody and worn out. He made pants appear to cover himself and the woman smiled and ran to help him into the cave. As soon as they were inside, the faeries and I closed off the entrance to the cave by moving the rocks that surrounded us and set a spell to warn us if anything gets through. 

Lily shifted in my arms and I saw her eyes open slightly. She looked at the man and woman. Her eyes went wide with recognition.

"Mommy! Daddy!" 

Jumping out of my arms she hugged them with a sudden burst of energy. They looked peaceful for a moment but then looked very concerned. Looking back at me and the faeries, Lily made her way back to me, looking very tired. She tried to smile before she almost collapsed. I caught her in my arms once more.

"What happened?" I asked her parents

"Our council....Lily is a special dragon." Her mother said. Just then, Queen Clarion and Jagger came to us. When they saw Jagger, they grew tense.

"Jagger, what are you doing here?"

"I was lost so I was brought here and found Lily. Peter sent his shadow to tell you where she was. I swear I had no idea she was here before I saw her. She didn't even remember me at first. Then she went into a coma-like state and woke up remembering everything. We didn't know what to do when she...so we spent for you guys. But it wasn't easy. The last time we met, things weren't exactly peaceful."