Chapter 3

As Peter predicted, there was a lot of staring and I couldn't help but wonder, when was the last time they saw a girl? After a few seconds, Peter introduced me to the Lost Boys.

"Boys, this is Lily. Shadow brought her here. We have our first Lost Girl! So it turns out, this party is now a welcoming party."

The boys stopped staring and cheered with Peter's words. Peter continued,

"Boys, let's show her how to have some fun. She hasn't had fun in over a year."

The boys hooted and hollered and started dancing as the music got louder. Peter said to me,

"I'll show you where you'll be staying at the end of the party."

I didn't get a chance to reply. He transported to the opposite part of the camp and began talking with a lost boy. The lost boy looked older than me as well. But I paid their conversation no mind and decided to dance to the music. It was hard to move to the beat at first, since it's been so long since I last danced, but I got to it.

Soon I was covered in a thin layer of sweat yet I still danced. My backpack was laying over on a nearby tree. I had danced with every lost boy except Peter Pan. Approaching him would only make me nervous so I stayed were I was and danced alone. However, I could feel him watching me, it was nerve-wrecking. The party was beginning to end, the drums tempo was slowing and everyone was getting tired. Most of the boys were leaving; others had stopped dancing and were talking to each other. Taking a break from dancing, I leaned against the tree where my backpack was and closed my eyes. 

My pulse had just slowed to a steady beat when,

"Care for some water, Lily?"

I jumped slightly and opened my eyes to see Peter holding out a cup of water. I took it and looked at it for a moment. Contemplating whether or not to trust him. That's another thing about me; I've got some serious trust issues. But I didn't want Peter to notice, so I drank the water slowly. 

"Having fun?" He asked. I nodded and replied with a tired drag,

"Yeah, I really let go out there. I haven't danced so freely in years. It felt good, it felt right."

Peter smiled at me and said.

"I take it by the tone of your voice you're exhausted. Maybe I should show you where you'll be staying tonight?"

Nodding again, I grabbed my backpack and let him lead me away from the camp fire. He took me to what seemed like a make-shift tent, but when he took me inside, it was big enough to fit three king-sized beds into it. There was a queen-sized bed in the center and the room looked vacant, Peter explained,

"This is my room. You'll be sleeping here tonight, but I'll make you a tent tomorrow so that you can have your own space. But tonight we'll have to share my room."

"There's only one bed....." I started.

"Don't worry I'll sleep on the couch." Peter said and I protested.

"There's no couch-" I looked back at the room and there was a couch bedside the bed that wasn't there before. My face must've been shocked, because then, Peter repeated.

"Like I said, don't worry about it." 

He took off my backpack and lay it on the end of the bed. Going to the rear of the room, he picked up something. Making his way back to me I was handed a towel, soap, and a pair of his clothes. I was about to tell him I had my own clothes but I didn't want to object his courtesy any further.

Peter showed me a small spring with a waterfall where I could cleanse myself. He told me to call for him when I was finished. This told me that he would be in hearing distance of the spring, which, to me, meant that he could most likely see me. So, to ease my discomfort, I only stripped to my underwear and bra. After placing my dirty clothes beside Peter's clean ones, I went into the water. The water was surprisingly warm. I sunk my whole body into the water and held my breath. I rubbed my skin with the soap he gave me. Coming up for air only three times, I was completely washed. I dried myself with the towel and got dressed fairly quickly.

"Peter!" I called as he asked and surely enough, he transported directly in front of me. He gratefully took my dirty clothes and walked me back to his tent.

Storing the clothes in a basket, he said good night to me and lay down on the couch. I sat on his bed and crossed my legs. My back was straight and my arms were face up on my legs. I was meditating, sometimes I fall asleep meditating, and it helps me sleep peacefully without nightmares.  I was half asleep when I heard,

"Lily?"

Regretfully, I opened my eyes. Peter was sitting up on the couch staring at me.