Chapter 2

It was night time in this new dimension. All I could see was water with a shape far off in the distance. The shadow was flying in that direction and as we got closer I could see that it was the shape of the Neverland I grew up seeing in movies and TV. The island was massive, and beautiful in the night-time.  The luscious green trees and darkest blue waters illuminated by the full moon. I was taken by its beauty but snapped out of it as the shadow landed me on the sandy beach that outlined the island.

"Thank you!" I shouted to it as it left me, flying somewhere deep in the island.

Staring at the forest in front of me I decided I’d be safe to stay here on the beach for my first night, I don't want to get lost like an idiot my first time here. So I sat at the forest edge and leaned against a tree trunk. Listening to the forest sounds, I closed my eyes, mesmerized by the sounds. Then all went silent.

Suspicious, I thought, so I stood up and wiped off the sand on my legs. Turning towards the forest and backing away slowly. My eyes alert, even though I couldn't make out everything, I felt someone watching me. It's like one of the extra senses I have. Standing there for a few more moments I began to tense up, what if something was hunting me? With that thought I began to walk down beach without fully turning away from it. I had to watch me back. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling I was being watched, and now followed. Stopping again, I stood staring at the forest, with my hands on my hips. I was getting annoyed. 

With a sigh I turned toward the ocean, hoping what or whoever it was would come out as soon as I fully turned my back. It worked.

"Hello." a voice, a male voice greeted.

Turning to see my approacher, I nodded,

"Hey..." I was cautious. A gorgeous boy stood before me, looking around 18 years old. He stood directly two feet in front of me smiling.

"Name's Peter, Peter Pan." 

"Lily." That's all I could say. I felt star struck. My childhood crush stood right in front of me. I was so glad it was all real, that I still had hope and belief in fairy tales, even though I’m 16. 

"Welcome to Neverland, Lily." He was still smiling but I saw curiosity in his eyes. I simply nodded and thought to myself, Maybe they don't get many girls here.

"Sorry I couldn't welcome you here as soon as you got here, but your arrival was.......unforeseen. You can come back to camp with me and get to know my Lost Boys. I wouldn't want our newest arrival attacked by wild beast on the beach." Peter laughed and I smiled. Feeling a bit uneasy about the thought of wild beasts attacking me. I accepted his offer. 

"It's going to be a long walk so let me know if you get tired." Peter warned me and I replied.

"I think I'll manage." a hint of real sarcasm in my voice. 

Peter Pan and I walked almost side by side. I kept up with his pace but walked a few inches behind him so that he could lead. He started a conversation on our way to his camp.

"So tell me about yourself, Lily."

"I'm sixteen...." I had to think about what else to say.

"That can't be it." Peter said exasperated. I laughed for a second.

"No, it's not. I'm really smart."

"Oh really? How so?" he asked. 

"Well... I'm sorta taking college classes." I almost whispered the words. Peter stopped walking and so did I, suddenly alert to his actions. 

"Sorta?"

"OK I am taking a few college classes."

"Wow.....none of the other boys made it that far in their education. I wouldn't say much about that to them. They'd feel intimidated." Peter explained the situation to me and I understood perfectly.

"I won't."

With that we started walking again.

"Tell me something else about yourself." Peter said again.

"I love music. I mean, I can hardly go anywhere without it. Music is my main remedy." I replied.

Peter nodded with a smile, "I get that... what else?"

"I love reading and writing. I can read for days on in if time allows it and write until my hand cramps."

"What do you write?"

"Poetry mainly, but I do stories on occasions." 

"Maybe you can show me sometime, just not tonight. Tonight is a party." His tone was eager.

"What's the occasion?"

"Nothing we all just wanted to have a party tonight."

"Oh... sounds fun." My voice was excited and desperate with that last word.

"How long has it been since you had fun? I mean serious fun; playing around, laughing, joking around, and dancing." Peter implied. I thought he would stop walking again, but he kept going.

"It's been too long. Over a year maybe. Ever since I started advanced classes and subjects, I just couldn't find the time. After a while I had no time to do anything else but sleep and do work." my voice was tired. Peter patted me on the back; his hand lingered for a second to show his understanding and said,

"Don't worry, that issue will be handled tonight. The boys love to dance and have fun."

"And what about you, Peter?"

"Of course I do. I've been hear the longest."

"I know-" I stopped myself short. Peter looked at me questionably. SO I continued,

"In my world, you're a fairy tale. I mean, this whole island is the basis of it. The story basically teaches you to believe and live your childhood as a child not an adult. You'd probably like it."

"Maybe you can tell me about that too sometime. Hate to think they're getting the stories mixed up in your dimension."

"Yeah...." and our conversation died off there. I don't know but he made me a bit nervous. He looked almost innocent, but I could sense he was more than what he seems. He had a slight build of muscle, so I had to think he was tough in a physical sense. He walked with pride and wisdom in his steps. A leader he seems to be, he's got the whole demeanor of one.

After as while I began hearing the beating if drums. 
"We're close....get ready for the awkward silence and stare down." Peter warned me again.

"Thanks, for the warning." I smiled as Peters pace slowed down.

"I don't want to startle the boys by making a racket going through the thicket. It'll put them on alert and I don't think you'd like to get shot at. So IMA just transport us in, OK?" 

Peter wrapped his arm around my waist a bit tightly and I held on slightly to get a grip. Instantly, we were in the camp. It was full of young and teenage boys.