Chapter 4

"Yes, Peter?" My tone wasn't normal, it sounded light and mischievous. Peter looked confused by my tone, but continued,

"Sorry to wake you..... But...... what are you doing?"

I sighed.

"Meditating. Sometimes I meditate till I go to sleep. It helps with....stuff." I was too tired to explain it. I didn't let him ask me anything else; I turned on my side away from him and instantly went to sleep.

************************************************************************

When I woke up, I could see the light of the sun shining through the opening if the tent. It took me a second to realize where I was, in Peter Pan's bed. Looking over to the couch I saw Peter still asleep. To be honest, he looked tired, even though he was asleep. I didn't want wake him, so I silently tip-toed out of the tent and heard to the spring he showed me last night.

Splashing some water on my face and arms, I was fully awake. Making my way back to the tent was easy. But I walked in on Peter changing his clothes; at least he had pants on. His back was to me and I didn't think he noticed me, so I backed out silently. Once I was out of the tent I stood of to the side, waiting for him to leave so I could change. After waiting 5 minutes I called in,

"Are you almost done in there?" I asked as politely as I could. Peter came out instantly.

"Sorry, Lily. How long have you been waiting?"

"A while, now may I go change please?"

"Of course. But you don't have anything to change into, do you?" Peter asked

"Actually, I do. In my bag I've got a change of clothes." 

Peter walked me into the tent and handed me my bag from a cabinet. I noted to myself that that wasn't where it was last night. Did he go through my bag? I took out my iPod and unlocked it. My music app was still open.

"What's that?" I heard Peter ask.

"My iPod."

"What does it do?"

"Well, you obviously aren't modern. It plays music digitally."

"Sounds nice. I love music." Peter sounded cheerful. I smiled and replied,

"I seriously doubt you'll like my music."

"Play something, I dare you" He challenged me. So I played 'Sweet Things' by The Pretty Reckless and turned the volume up to full blast. We sat on his bed listening to the song. I watched Peter carefully as we listened. He kept his facial emotions and body language neutral. When the song finished he simply said,

"Nice song. Got anything else?"

Then I played 'Young & Beautiful' by Lana Del Rey (Kaskade Remix). Again he seemed to enjoy this song as well. He seemed to like my music so much that I decided to let him borrow it while I changed. Once he left the tent I changed into a pair of black shorts, a red tank, and a loose cut off red shirt. But to my dismay, when I allowed him back in the tent, I discovered that he was watching a video recording of me singing 'Black Sheep' by The Clash at Demonhead on my iPod. I tried to take it away from him but he held it out of reach.

"You shouldn't have watched that." I said.

"Why not? You're really good." Peter was smiling but he voice had a serious tone. I gave him a look of disbelief.

"OK, you can listen to my iPod but not any of my recordings." I told him as I stopped jumping for it.

"Fine with me" he replied and I asked,