entry 18

Ruth
13:11
6 August, 2017
Manhattan, New York

I felt like a complete nutcase. Knowing that Nathanael was going to be landing in New York in a couple hours, I found myself rushing around the house trying to arrange things that had never even been moved. This was not who I was at all. 

Finally, I took a deep breath and slipped onto the glossy, white, piano bench. 

When my fingers grazed the keys, I felt a sense of tranquility pass right over me. I hadn't even realized that I was playing Nathanael's favorite song until I got to the chorus. 

I chuckled. "What is love?"

Nathanael
15:29
6 August, 2017
New York City, New York

I rushed through the airport, luggage in tow and my eyes in search of my wife.

I was so anxious to see her that I was tempted to book a jet and make an early appearance. Fortunately though, my mother had called and told me to be patient and not so assertive.

Well my patience was running thin. I felt like it had been too long since I had seen her and I couldn't wait-not a minute more.

I wondered if she may have changed while I was gone. How long would it be before her breasts become heavy with milk and her stomach begins to protrude.  I couldn't wait for that either.

I caught a glimpse of black curly hair in the second terminal and without a second thought, I picked up my pace. "Ruth," I whispered hoarsely.

"Ruth." I called.

Her gleaming brown eyes shot up and caught my own. Soon she was running towards me.

"Oh Nathanael!" She cried.

I immediately dropped my bags and opened my arms to welcome her. Her warm softness collided with me and I shuddered with delight.

I missed this.

I missed her.

My hand wound themselves around her waist and my face instantly nuzzled itself in her thick curls. "I love you so much, angel." I declared. "I've missed you."

Before I could say anything more, Ruth pressed her soft lips to my own and tangled her fingers in my hair. "I love you too, Nathanael." She murmured against my mouth. "I'm so, so happy to see you."

I couldn't feel any different.

It was like, no matter how wonderful Australia, Indonesia, or New Zealand seemed to be, I could never find a sight that was my wife. My Ruth.