House of Correlation

Sarah

"Sarah!" Harry shouts down the bustling hallway, waving his arm to try and get my attention. A few people I didn't know looked in my direction but I ignored them, and Harry, as I continued walking down the crowded hallway to leave this place.

Finally, it was the end of the bitter, raw Friday and all I wanted to do was go to the house and get my homework done, so I can nap for longer. That's all I've been doing lately: napping. I don't know if it's to get away from the ever-lasting situation of the locket or that I'm tired almost 100% of the time. Probably the last reason.

"Sarah!" My name was yet again bellowed by Harry. I roll my eyes, pushing the door open to exit the school for the Bank Holiday Weekend ahead of me (basically, it means we have the Monday off – which is great). Smelling the fresh, wet air of the September month, I felt somewhat calm with the autumnal weather. It was one of my favourite seasons, right next to winter.

Harry.

I've been avoiding him for about a week now.

Mainly because I was embarrassed about what happened the other night... where it was just all in my head (I hope). But also, I was insecure about what he thought about me. Because of my 'ugly crying' as my old friends back at home would say. And I probably looked like a complete and utter mess; as usual. Especially in my favourite Spongebob pyjamas.

Dying to get back to the house, someone grabbed my arm. I turn around to see Harry, with a concerned yet pleading look on his perfect facial features. He loosened his grip and sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"You've been avoiding me." he states.

"I've been avoiding everyone." Half true. I didn't avoid Cora or Lela though, yet mainly I've been trying to keep to myself from the others... I don't think they particularly like me that much. And I'm still not so sure why.

He rolls his eyes, "yet, you still have time for Cora and Lela though?" he questions crossing his arms.

"Look, if you're here to talk about what happened the other night... I don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry if I made you worried or whatever, but I'm fine now. Honestly." I tell him, and I don't exactly mean it because that night has been haunting my so-called dreams on replay for almost a week now. Perhaps it's a sign? Or maybe I'm just overthinking about what happened, therefore that's why I've been having dreams about it for the past week? Or maybe it just means nothing?

"If you say so... but if you need to talk about it I'm willing to be here for you. I-I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you looked frightened." he says. I was slightly shocked that he seemed to care about me. But my defensive side appeared:

Me... I'm nothing.

Nothing he needs to care about anyway.

He probably doesn't have the time to care about me.

"Thanks for being so considerate, I appreciate it." I tell him, ignoring my painful thoughts and I gave him a small smile before walking ahead and entering the house quickly.

Sighing, I instantly walk upstairs and into the bedroom. I was prepared to do some shitty homework and then nap, however someone was sat on my bed. And it wasn't Cora, because she has gone to see her family over the weekened. It was rather sudden, but she has missed them a lot recently.