House of Flashback

Sarah

The extended beach had a sultry late-summer atmosphere, where the blazing sun shone glowingly upon the place. The cloudless, undisturbed sky, had brought somewhat solace to the small amount of people sitting and watching and waiting.

Squawk, squawk, squawk. The loud, obnoxious and echoing noise came from the seagulls; which surrounded the sky. As the waves lapped ever so softly against the shore, the seagulls flew down gracefully, and pecked at the crabs that were coming in with the tide.

The taste of salt lingered in the air along with the faint smell of sun-cream filling people's nostrils. Feet and lying bodies touched the gentle sand. The slight breeze collided into people's faces and lengthy, deep breaths of approval were made from some.

In their strange but wonderful minds, they could only think of one word:

Blissfulness.

"Are you sure she's going to be alright with Amber for a week? She has been pretty distressed whenever we're away from her..." Nina asks Fabian, breaking the silence of Fabian's distracted mind and she clutched onto his warm hand as they walked across the sand; underneath the fascinating sky.

"I'm sure Sarah's going to be just fine. Besides, she loves Amber." Fabian reasurres Nina, grinning at her as silence yet again falls between the couple. Occasional breezes caressed the pair's skin, as they continued to stroll down the beach.

"Do you think we chose to have our honeymoon a little too... late?" Nina questions and this makes Fabian chuckle and let go of her soft, cold hand. He stood in front of her and placed his hands upon her shoulders: giving them a slight squeeze to reassure her.

"No." he pauses and then continues, "I think we chose it at the right time, Nina." he tells her. However, there was something odd about his smile that he gave to Nina... it seemed false. Or perhaps, nervous. Nina was unsure, yet dismisses it for other reasons.

As they enjoyed each other's company and peered at the environment surrounding them, Nina found something shimmer near a rock. Instantly, she lets go of Fabian's hand and walks up to the object; curiousity taking over her.

"Is that...?"

"Your locket?" Fabian says, confusion clear on his facial features as he stands over Nina, whilst she crouches down to retrieve the item.

"B-but... I put it in that letter for Sarah when she was older?" Nina was puzzled and turned to Fabian as she clasps the now glowing locket in her hands.

"NINA!"

Sitting up immediately, drenched in gross sweat which stuck to my pyjamas, I managed to let out a deep breath after panting continuously for some time.

What even was that dream about?

Trying to recollect the dream, it disappeared suddenly out of my mind before I could even remember the setting of the place. Frowning, I peeled the wet, hot sheets off me and trudged to the cold bathroom. The weather had cleared up from last night's tragic thunderous rain. Although, it was still cloudy and dull outside.

Today was Wednesday and even though it's one of my favourite days of the week, I didn't want to go into school today. I'm exhausted and all I wanted to do was sit in bed and stay there... forever.

"Morning!" Cora chirps, sitting up and stretching whilst yawning loudly.

"Good morning," I reply, smiling at her. I was relieved that Cora was back from seeing her family over the weekend, I had missed her so much – she came back Monday night, yet she hasn't told me how her weekend was... she kept dodging my questions when I asked how it went, therefore I presumed she didn't want to talk about it. Which I totally respect; she can come to me in her own time, if she feels like talking about it.