House of Rendezvous

Sarah

Who knew going on a date would be so stressful?

Here I was: dashing around the bedroom trying to find the perfect clothes, how my hair should be and if I should wear my favourite red lipstick for this date. I had tried on 4 different clothing pieces already, yet I still couldn't decide on what I should wear. I've even searched online for some 'date outfit inspirations', however I've had no luck so far. Everything that had came up online were either too expensive, not my style or I had nothing similar to the pictures. Which sucked.

The amount of emotions that's rushing throughout my body right now is unbelievable (but also incredible). I could feel those butterflies within my stomach, which I've only felt before when I've been on rollercoasters or my favourite television show ship are finally together. I felt so many sensations, I couldn't control the large smile that was upon my lips. Just the thought of Asa made me happy. And despite my feelings of anxiousness, I also felt excited and compassionate for what's going to happen during this date.

Remember Sarah, this is your first date. It's going to be memorable. So in other words... don't mess it up. Here's your chance to be with someone who (probably) likes you back. First dates are supposed to be special, right?

Gods, if only Cora was here right now... she'd definitely know what to do and say. In fact, I can hear her voice telling me to "relax" and then she'd say something along the lines of "it is what it is" or "you're going to be fine, just be yourself and stop overthinking about it" and she's totally correct. Just do what Cora would tell me. That's what I need to keep in mind.

So I peered out of the window. It was a Saturday afternoon and according to the weather forecast, it's going to be cloudy all day with some patches of sun here and there. Maybe I could wear a dress and my favourite denim jacket... would that look okay? Or would that be too much? I wish I knew where Asa was taking me. He said it's going to be a surprise. Luckily, I love surprises but still, it's not helpful for me because I don't have a clue on what to wear.

And so instead of picking a dress, I pick one of my favourite white skirts and this really cute top to go with it. Because you can't go wrong with wearing a skirt. Sometimes. Depending on the occasion obviously. Even though I didn't mind wearing a dress, I thought that wearing a skirt will look smart casual. Plus, the denim jacket actually suits with the skirt that I'll be wearing. So it's a win/win situation, I guess.

I'm doing it again, aren't I? It's going to be okay – stop overthinking about this! Just wear whatever you want to! It doesn't matter what I wear or how I look. What matters is being with Asa and spending time getting to know him. That's what matters; nothing else but us.

(Remember that).

As I had just finished getting dressed into the outfit, there was a knock on the bedroom door and I shouted for whoever it was to enter as I was brushing my hair. Looking to the side, I saw Lela shyly smiling at me.

For some odd reason, she ignored me yesterday during school and back at the house. Whenever I tried to catch up with her or talk to her, she'd ignore me or walk faster. I'm not sure what I've done, but I hope I didn't brag too much about going on this date with Asa. I didn't mean to be so rude – I should've taken Lela's feelings into consideration.

Speaking of Lela, Harry has been ignoring me too. I mean, I know we almost kissed a few days ago, so that could be the reason why. Yet, I was still confused as to why he was so jittery the other day when he told me that supper was ready. He looked frightened about something. But what?

"You look amazing." her voice was soft and slow. I thanked her and continued trying to place my hair into a half-up/half-down style. But it didn't look great.