House of Horror

Sarah

"W-What?" I said, stunned by what Harry just told me.

"I think it was-" I interrupted him, "how did you know that I lost my locket?" I ask and he looks away from me, running his large hand through his tangled, wild hair.

"Don't bullshit me, Styles." I tell him sternly, crossing my arms. I've never told him about my locket situation; the only people who know are Cora and Lela. Cora just knows that the locket was my Mom's and had sentimental value, whereas Lela knows it's sentimental, but we've also discussed different viewpoints about the Chosen One meaning behind it and what it could do. I mean for all we know, it could just be a locket and that's it. But, something tells me it means so much more than it being 'just a locket'. I feel extremely awful for not telling Cora about this whole Sibuna business, but I don't want her to get this mark or be harmed by this thing. I think she's going through enough anyway: with this on top of whatever she's dealing with, it may upset her even more. And I don't want that because she doesn't deserve it. She honestly deserves the world... and much more.

"Uh..." he stammers, looking anywhere but at me. I raise my eyebrows and he sighs, "promise you won't get pissed?" he asks and I roll my eyes but promise. Sorta.

"Okay. Lela told me." he informs me and my eyes widen.

"What?!" I exclaim, getting a few odd looks from people but I couldn't care less what they thought of me at this moment. How could Lela do that? I told her that in private, and we discussed what the locket could've meant and how it had something to do with the Chosen One, when I had discovered what that term finally meant via Asa. I told her in complete and utter confidence because I really trust her. (Or should I say trusted?) But, not as much as Cora though. Still, she's supposed to be my friend: friend's don't lie.

"I said not to get mad." Harry says and I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Honestly, it slipped out. She didn't mean to tell me and she felt very guilty about it afterwards." he explains her actions and I sigh, feeling like I've heard this all before with my old 'friends'.

"Look, she didn't mean it. But that's not the shocking thing... don't you want to know who I think has it?" he questions. I purse my lips, thinking. I know I've been wanting to know who did it and why, yet now that I have an opportunity to maybe have an idea who did it... I wasn't sure if I wanted to know anymore. And I don't know why myself. It's like I've changed my opinion all of a sudden.

"I-" I was interrupted this time.

"Sorry I'm late class! There was a hold up with the staff meeting." our Maths teacher explains her tardiness and starts the lesson on Trigonometry.

I gazed over to Harry and he mouthed to me: "talk later." I nodded and focused on this topic. I struggled with Maths so much... I despised it a lot. I get that some Maths is needed, but some of the other things like knowing the Quadratic Formula isn't needed in my life. It's only needed to pass these exams in order to make the school look amazing and to achieve our expected grades.

Already struggling with where to use which sign for which part of the triangle, I give up, knowing that I'm never going to need this in my lifetime after school's finished.

***

Back at Anubis House, I was in my room doing some homework to get it over and done with. Cora was sat on the other side of her room, playing on her phone. Harry still hasn't told me his theory about the locket thief, because he said to me that he had somewhere he needed to be and that we'll talk later on. I was suspicious of where he had to go; then again, it's none of my business what he does in his spare time.