House of Tales

Sarah

"They've just never been shown that you should be..." I dramatically pause and glance over at the wardrobe (basically at nothing in particular), "loving someone!" I bellowed out loud in tune with the music. I throw my hands up in the air carelessly and continue with the lyrics, "oh, oh, loving someone." I then nod my head with the beat, "yeah, you should be-"

"Loving someone!" I heard another voice join in and I jump, turning around to see Harry, who was also bopping his head in time with the beat. I stare at him in bewilderment as he continued singing along with his eyes closed and even started dancing. Whereas I just stood there: eyes wide, mouth agape and slightly embarrassed that Harry saw me acting 'out-of-the-norm'.

Oh goodness gracious. He saw me terribly dancing AND singing. Oh dear Lord above drag me into the pits of Hell and make sure I never come back, due to the complete and utter shame I feel right now. I can't help but feel extremely awkward now and so I continued watching Harry in awe. Awkwardly.

He eventually stops his actions abruptly and peers over at me, pouting. "Why'd you stop?" he asks and I shrug, a blush creeping upon my cheeks. He chuckles and outstretches his arm for me to take. Gingerly, I did take it, and now we're dancing and singing loudly to Loving Someone by The 1975 in my bedroom.

"For you are not beside me..." Harry speaks lowly, staring into my eyes. "But within me." I finish off the interlude [spoken word] part, staring straight back at him too. His eyes were glistening and I couldn't help but appreciate how beautiful they were. He grins at me, showing off his straight, white teeth. Of course I smile widely back, because how can you not smile at his adorably handsome face?

"... loving someone!" we both shout in unison and he makes me twirl under his arm. And when I spun back around to face him, he makes us sway to the song that was now slowing down and coming to an end. Which was a bummer, because I really enjoyed jamming out with Harry.

We both stopped what we were doing on the last note of the song, "oh, oh..." and we both looked at each other for what felt like an eternity. When in reality, it was only a few minutes. As we stared at each other, I noticed he was gradually leaning in. And even though I wanted to lean in too, I don't and decide to wait until he kisses me first. I didn't want to help encourage the first move, because of my nagging insecurities whispering that he might not even kiss me. I needed to be sure if I was going to make the move. (But my gosh, I want him to do it. So badly). Here in this moment, it'd be absolutely perfect and I feel more alive with him than I've ever felt before. All of my worries and thoughts disappeared into thin air, because right now- right here, everything seemed right for once.

Like I said: for once and once only. Reality had to come crashing down like a ton of bricks. And damn, did it hurt. A lot. Instead, he was the first to break the intimate eye contact and looked away, not daring to look back at me.

Frowning, I keep my gaze on him. Did he not want to kiss me? Was he even going to kiss me? Oh no, did I have bad breath? I automatically assumed it was the last one, because we did just have supper and Oliver had made his finest (and the bestest) chicken chasseur dish. Which by the way, was incredibly delicious.

"I-I came up here to tell you that you're on chore duty tonight. Bea can't do it because she 'needs' to revise for these upcoming exams and she was stressing Oliver out. So yeah..." he trailed off, now gazing out of the window.