House of Information

Sarah

Asa gulped looking back down at the book, "I'm sure it's- uh, nothing that serious..." he tries to reassure me, but his faltering tone and trailing off at the end of his sentence did nothing of the sort. In fact, it made my heartbeat quicken and my palms started to get a little sweaty. Thus, I shut the book (quite loudly, which obviously made the librarian give me a glare this time) and piled it on top of the book that I had found.

"We should probably head back. I need to finish off my Science worksheet; which is due in tomorrow." Asa rolls his eyes at the thought and I nod understandingly.

"We need to check these books out first. I have a definite feeling that they're going to be useful." I say to him, before going over to the librarian and giving her my student library card. After she scanned them, I place them carefully into my school bag and flung it around my shoulder. As Asa approached, I smiled at him once he finally made his way over to me.

"Let's head back – I now have a ton of reading to do." I state, outstretching my hand for him to take. He grins widely and takes my hand, before we leave the library.

I'm not sure what has came over me recently, but I was really enjoying Asa's company. I liked being with him and there is definitely something about him that intrigues me. Also, I'm somewhat relieved that we're finally getting somewhere with all of these annoying puzzling clues and frustrating disconnected knowledge. Hopefully these books will be extremely helpful for us, so we can put an end to all of this. I'm getting sick and tired of running in circles; especially with Amphis hot on my trail. Speaking of that monstrosity, I haven't seen them in a while... I'm hoping that's a good sign. But, here's hoping. And hoping never usually works for me.

The sky was becoming a lot darker quickly, due to it almost being Winter. Although I'm going to miss Fall, (or as the British call it 'Autumn') I'm super excited for Winter. I really adore the frost-biting weather: I know I'm strange, because many people actually prefer Summer, but the Fall/Winter seasons are spectacular. It was almost Halloween and I'm pretty thrilled. Halloween and Christmas are definitely my two favourite holidays. But if I had to choose between the two, it'd be Christmas. I just love the whole atmosphere and the anticipating build up towards the event. Even though I miss my parents every single day, I'm glad I get to spend something like Christmas with people like my grandparents. They are so thoughtful and sweet... that reminds me: I need to check up on them. I called them a few days ago, but they didn't answer, so I thought that they were busy. Or maybe asleep, I did call them at a bad time.

Asa stopped in front of the house and so I stopped too, giving him a questioning look, "why'd we stop?" I question him, letting go of his warm hand.

He was silent for a few moments until he let out a shaky breath, "I-I... uh..." he rolls his eyes, appearing to be infuriated with his stuttering, "S-Sarah, would you like to go on a d-date with me?" he asks, nervously fiddling with his fingers.

Grinning, "I'd love to!" I exclaim enthusiastically (perhaps a little too much, but whatever). I've never been on a date before, so this will be my first ever date! And I'm really delighted he asked me out on one.

He looks up at me with wide eyes, "seriously?" he asks and I nod my head. His lips immediately turn into a wide smile and he leans over to kiss my cheek, which obviously makes me blush profusely.

"Is Saturday good for you?" he asks and I ponder for a few seconds and then nod, "it's great!" I exclaim. I was now really enlivened and joyful about going on a date. I wonder where we'll go or what we'll do. Oh! I need to think of a cute outfit to wear too!