Lessons

Chapter 9: Lessons
(Amanda's POV)
I woke up in my own room, surprised. The events of last night replayed in my mind and I smiled. Loki and I kissed, and I fell asleep in his arms. He must have carried me up last night.
I showered and changed, looking presentable for once in the morning. I didn't know what would happen between me and Loki after the kiss, I just hope he doesn't act like nothing happened like the stupid guys in my books do. I was greeted by Loki when I went down. He was still in his pajamas; sweatpants and a loose t-shirt.
"Morning." I said smiling at him.
"Morning." he replied.
"Sorry, but there isn't going to be anything extravagant for breakfast this morning." I said. "I'm just getting a bowl of cereal so you can get whatever you like."
"Okay. Thanks." he said getting up. We ate mostly in silence.
"We're going to have to re-dye your hair." I said. "Its already turning black again."
"Okay, but putting in this much dye better not kill my hair." he said. I laughed.
"It won't, I promise. I went red haired for a year after I met Tony. Look at my hair now." I said pointing to my pony tail.
"I can't really see it." Loki said. "I've never seen it down now that I think about it." I blushed.
"I never wear it down." I told him. "I've put it in a pony tail every day since sixth grade. With the exception of three occasions."
"I'm sure you look beautiful with it down." he said.
"No need to suck up to me, Loki. What more could you get from me?" I said smiling at him.
"Well, you could kiss me again. The last time was very good and I believe it got cut short." he said smirking. So he didn't forget last night. Thank goodness.
"You're going to have to do more than flatter me to get a kiss." I told him standing up and taking our bowls. I set them in the sink and before I knew it, Loki was behind me, hands on my hips.
"What do you suggest?" Loki breathed to my ear and I shivered. How can he keep doing this to me?
"Well... " I started.
"Yes?" he breathed against my neck, giving me goosebumps. He started to take out my pony tail and I slapped his hands. I turned around in his arms so I was facing him. I put my arms around his neck and hugged him. I caught him off guard, he was expecting a kiss.
"You can learn you don't always get what you want." I whispered into his ear and let go of him. He was standing dumbfounded as I walked towards the living room. He sat on the couch next to me. I was reading a new book I found called 'The Distance between Us' by Kasie West. It was, of course a love story, since that's what I live for. Loki took the book from me.
"Hey! I was reading that." I told him
"I know you were." Loki replied. He cupped my face in his hands and started to lean in. Going against my gut telling me to teach him a lesson, I sealed the distance between us kissing him again. It felt like fireworks were going on again. The kiss deepened and I pushed my hands through his hair. His hands were on the small of my back, pushing me closer to him. We were interrupted with a cough.
*cough* Me and Loki broke apart and I sat next to him. Thor was standing there. I blushed. How weird it must be to see me, his friend, making out with his brother.
"You know some people knock." I told Thor. Loki laced his fingers through mine and my heart fluttered at the small but sweet gesture.
"I see you two have gotten to know each other." Thor said smiling at us. I blushed even more.
"Well it has been two weeks, almost." I said. Wow. I've been hiding Loki at my house for almost two weeks without being caught. I expected S.H.I.E.L.D. to find out the next day.
"Indeed it has." Thor said. "You're needed at S.H.I.E.L.D immediately."
"But it's Sunday." I complained.
"Tell that to Fury." Thor said.
"I most certainly will." I said getting up. "Can you hang out with Loki for me until I come back?" I asked. They could use some brother bonding time. Loki looked at me like I was an idiot.
"Of course. We will have fun brother!" Thor said excitedly. I just laughed at Loki's reaction that clearly said 'please stay. I'm going to die if I have to hang out with him.' I gave Loki a quick kiss on the cheek before going to the car and heading towards headquarters. What could they possibly want from me? What if they found out? I had been keeping my distance recently.
I walked into headquarters looking for where they wanted me.
"Amanda." Fury said.
"Fury." I said. "Why did you bring me in? It's Sunday." I told him.
"Yes I know that. You're needed to start your training." He told me.
"I'm going to get trained? Why?" I asked.
"Loki has been on the loose for nearly two weeks and we aren't close to finding him. You need to be able to defend yourself if anything happens." he explained to me. "You will be trained by Agent Romanoff mostly, but Barton and Rogers will pop in here and there."
"Okay, thank you." I said heading off to the training rooms. I saw Natasha in one and headed there.
"Hey Nat." I greeted.
"Hello Amanda. Ready to start your training?" she asked.
"I guess." I told her.
"First you need a weapon. Every hero has their own signature weapon they use. I've laid a few out for you to look at." she told me. Was she saying I was going to become a hero? 'That's likely.' I thought sarcastically.
I looked at what she had laid out. A sword, no thanks. A gun, not my best focal point. Two knives. They could be easily hidden and easily catch my opponent off guard.
"These." I told her pointing at the knives. She smiled.
"I thought so." she said.
The rest of the training session went pretty well. We did some fighting basics and she thought I had the potential to become a great hero one day.
****
(Loki's POV)
How I wished Amanda would come back. I enjoyed spending time with her, and I got to learn more about her. I just wanted her to kiss me again. I know it's crazy, it's only been a few weeks, but this mortal has driven me crazy for her.
"So brother," Thor said. "I see you like Amanda pretty well."
"Yeah, yeah. Stop gloating. As I recall you have someone too." I retorted.
"No need to get defensive, just saying." Thor said. The rest of the time we watched T.V. and had some non awkward conversations, surprisingly. Thor left saying it was getting late while I waited for Amanda to get back. I must have dozed off waiting for her because I woke up at 3 am to someone shouting. I immediately ran up the stairs to Amanda's room. She was thrashing about screaming. I ran to her side trying to wake her up.
"Amanda! Wake up!" I shouted. Her eyes fluttered open and she clung to me. She hugged me tight. It must have been bad.
"Shh... it's okay." I said rubbing circles on her back, trying to calm her. She was shaking and was sweating. She wasn't crying though, I was surprised.
She let go of me and looked up.
"Your okay. Thank goodness." she said and laid back down. I was surprised she said that but I laid next to her, wrapping my arms around her protectively. What had caused her to act like this?
"Don't worry, your safe in my arms." I whispered to her as we both drifted off to sleep.
*****
A/N Hey guys! Thanks for reading. I plan on writing longer chapters now. So Loki admitted that he likes Amanda, and they kissed again! Hopefully her training sessions go well with Natasha. Also, what do you think her dream was about? Vote and comment what you think. Thanks! See you next update. (soon!)
~Anna (crazed_with_fandoms)