Sick

Chapter 20: Sick

(Amanda's POV)

Me and Loki hung out for the rest of the day. I went to bed early, since I had an awful headache. I took some Advil and laid down. I told Loki to sleep in his own bed, but since when was he one for listening? I woke up in his arms, feeling rested. I still had an awful headache and now my throat was bothering me as well. Maybe I should get checked out.

Getting out of Loki's warm embrace, I went to the phone and called Bruce.

"Hey Bruce." I said.

"Hi Amanda, how are you?" he asked politely.

"That's why I called, I'm not feeling too good. I was wondering if you could check me out and see what's wrong." I replied.

"Of course. Ill be over in a few minutes." he replied, hanging up.

I went to the bathroom and showered, then took my temperature. The thermometer showed 100 degrees. So I also had a little fever. Great. I settled in on the couch, waiting for Bruce. I must have dozed off because I woke to Bruce and Loki talking. It didn't sound like they were fighting, which was good.

"Ill take good care of her." I heard Loki say.

I sat up as Bruce was leaving. I looked at Loki. "What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"He said you had the flu." Loki said. I narrowed my eyes. I had had the flu before and this was not it.

"Don't lie to me. What did he really say?" I asked.

"He says he doesn't know. The best thing to do is let it run it's course and see what happens." Loki explained.

"Okay." I said. Then I sneezed. I blew my nose and noticed I suddenly had a lot of snot. "Sorry I'm probably going to be really gross the next couple days."

"Better than being unconscious." Loki replied sitting next to me. "Ill get you some soup."

"Thank you." I replied. I laid down and thought stuff over. Man, I really did feel like crap. I was going to be useless for the next couple of days. I felt bad having Loki get everything for me and take care of me. He soon brought back a bowl of chicken noodle soup for me. After finishing the bowl of soup, I remembered how rude I was being to Loki. Maybe he wanted something to eat too.

"Have you eaten?" I asked.

"Yes, while you were sleeping I got some lunch for me and Bruce." he said.

"That's good. If you don't mind, I'm going to go back to sleep." I said. The best thing to do is sleep it off.

"First take this medicine. It should bring down the fever." Loki instructed, handing me Advil and a glass of water. I took them and settled down again.

"Get better soon, love." Loki said, then kissed my forehead. Being very comfortable, I fell asleep in no time.

***

(Loki's POV)

I was worried about Amanda. She had a very high fever and a sore throat. According to her friend, Bruce, he didn't know what it was, but it wasn't good at all. I looked at her sleeping on the couch and sighed. Hopefully she would get better soon.

I took this opportunity to read. I was halfway through the fourth book of the Harry Potter series Amanda had told me about. Reading about it made me realize how accurate the castle was to how I imagined it. Of course I never imagined I would have a battle in it myself.

After a few hours I decided to get something to eat. It was 5:30 already. I looked over at Amanda and saw she was still sleeping. I decided not to disturb her and get dinner myself. I got out the lasagna Amanda had made for dinner one night. I put it in the heating box that made the food warm again. I did it exactly as Amanda showed me, and found that is was warm enough.

I cleaned up and went back to reading. After I finished the fourth book, I was excited to start the fifth one, finding that it ended with Voldemort coming back. Then I looked at the clock and saw it was 10:00. I looked in and Amanda was still sleeping. I decided to carry her to her bed, where she would be more comfortable. I didn't sleep with her tonight since she was sick, and let her rest as long as needed.

As I left I quickly took the fifth book from her shelf. After getting ready for bed, I started the fifth book. I stopped myself at 11:00 and went to sleep.

"You must take the girl to Asgard." said a familiar voice.

"Mother?" I asked. She had been the only one that truly cared for me, and I cared for her like she was my actual mother.

"Yes. You're mortal is not well. You must bring her to Asgard tomorrow, otherwise she will not awaken." She informed me.

"What about my banishment?" I asked.

"It has been lifted. Just make sure you bring the girl, so she can be healed. Don't mind you're father, I will take care of him." She told me. Then suddenly, the dream faded.

I woke suddenly. I needed to get her to Asgard. Mother told me tomorrow, and it was still the middle of the night. As much as I wanted to go now, everyone would be asleep in Asgard. I decided to take mother's advice and go in the morning.

To Asgard.

My old home.

Where I was outcasted.

I needed to push away those thoughts and do this now, for Amanda.

*****

A/N

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! What did you think of this chapter? Amanda is sick, and needs to go to Asgard. Hopefully all will go well.

Please vote and comment what you think. Thanks for all of the support!

See you next update. (soon!)

~Anna (crazed_with_fandoms)