Loop Hole

Chapter 17: Loop Hole

(Loki's POV)

It was quite boring in the cage. The best part of my day was when Amanda would come to visit me. The others almost always tried to keep her from coming, but she always made it. We didn't get to talk much since she was pulled away. She promised she would get me out, but they would know it was her, so she was trying to come up with something.

"Loki." I was interrupted from my thoughts by Amanda. "I found a loop hole!" she said excited.

"What is it?" I asked.

"In S.H.I.E.L.D.'s law book it says someone can only be imprisioned if they have committed a crime and haven't been charged for it yet. You were charged on Asgard! So you can leave!" she explained. "I'll release you," she said pressing the button to let me out, "and then they'll come and be like 'what are you doing?' and I can say it's legal!"

"Sounds great, but what if they take you?" I asked.

"They won't dare to do that." she said confidently. Fury walked in.

"Amanda." he said addressing her. "I heard your proof. Although it may be true, this is Loki we're talking about."

"So?" she asked. "Why should it be different for him?"

"Yeah, why is it different for me?" I asked.

"Stay out of this." Fury said.

"Sorry it's only about me." I said sarcastically.

"Loki committed a huge crime here and-" he was cut off by Amanda.

"He has ready had a punishment on Asgard!" she exclaimed. "He's changed now, you have to at least give him a chance!"

"One. That's it. If he messes it up, he's locked up." Fury said.

"Absolutely. Thank you!" Amanda immediately said. She took my hand and led me out. She walked into the lab where all of the Avengers were.

(Amanda's POV)

"Okay, we're ending this here and now." I stated looking at everyone. They were going to like each other. Or at least not hate each other. "This is Loki. Loki, these are the Avengers."

"Yeah, we've met." Tony scoffed. I glared at him.

"Okay. So, you guys haven't forgotten New York. Loki was possessed. He didn't realize what he was doing." I explained. Loki gave me a look. I kept on going. "He wasn't aware for over half of the time, like Clint." I said nodding in his direction.

"Well buddy, I'm willing to give you a chance. I know what it's like." Clint said. I smiled at him gratefully.

"Okay, well we gotta go, so, see you later then." I said leading Loki out. I could feel their stares on us as we walked out.

"What was that about?" Loki asked.

"I want you guys to like each other. The most important people in my life." I said. He nodded in understanding. Not knowing where to go I led him back to my room. I sat down on the bed and he sat next to me.

"So, want to do anything?" I asked.

"Look, Amanda, I'm really sorry. You saved me from getting stabbed, you broke me out of the cell-" I interrupted him by crashing his lips against mine. I had missed the feeling of his lips in mine. We broke the kiss and I smiled.

"Shut up." I said playfully. "It was nothing, really. You would have done the same for me and you know it." I said staring into his eyes.

"I don't deserve you." he whispered.

"You deserve all of me, never forget that." I said. He then kissed me. It was soft but passionate. A lovers kiss.

"Lets get out of here before Fury changes his mind." I said standing up and extending my hand for him. He took it and followed me out of the helicarrier. We drove to my apartment and we settled down just like before.

"Thanos is still out there." Loki stated.

"I know." I replied.

"I won't let him hurt you. Whatever he has planned, I will see to it that he gets stopped." Loki said protectively.

"You know I can protect myself too, right?" I asked jokingly.

"I am very aware of that, I just don't want you to get hurt again. You shouldn't have done that for me." he said looking at me.

"You would have died. It was an obsidian blade. Since you're part frost giant, it would have killed you. It just seriously harmed me." I said smiling.

"Well, I owe you my life." he stated. We then looked away awkwardly.

"We're even." I said looking at him again. His eyes showed confusion. "You'll understand later. Just know, you don't have to owe me anything."

"I do, though. No only did you save my life, you also helped me change and realize how wrong I was before. And for that I will never be able to repay you." Loki said. His words touched me. I didn't know I had made such and effect on him.

"I'm sure you'll find a way. I found a loop hole to get you out, I'm sure you can find a loophole about repaying someone." I said with a small smile. He smirked.

"I shall try."

****

A/N

Hey guys!! Thanks for reading. I'm sorry, I know it's been forever since an update but I'm back and will be updating again! I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier today, and it was AMAZING!! You should definitely go see it.

Please vote and comment what you think. See you next update. (soon!)

~Anna (crazed_with_fandoms)