Getting Through the Day

A/N

Surprise! Another update! We got 600 reads! Thank you so much guys! You're the best! Keep spreading the word :D. Now, enjoy your surprise update.

***********

Chapter 24: Getting Through the Day

(Amanda's POV)

Sore. The first conscious though was sore. Places I didn't even know had a voice, were screaming at me right now. Imagine having your hips ripped apart, then shoved back together again. That's what it felt like. I opened one eye and saw Loki laying beside me. It was so worth it.

I smiled to myself, I couldn't help it. It was my first time, and it was great. Tony had done it several times while I was there before he was Iron man. He didn't realize I knew, but I always did.

Loki stirred beside me. He looked over at me. "Good morning, love," he said smiling.

"Good morning," I said curling up against his chest.

"I'm afraid we have to get up today. If it was my choice, I would lay like this all day, but Odin has requested our presence at one o'clock," Loki said.

"That's fine," I said. I got up and quickly put on some clothes. It hurt really bad to walk, but I tried not to show it in front of Loki. "All my stuff is in the room they assigned me," I informed him. "Ill be right back."

I walked out of his room and into the room they told me was mine. After I stepped out I was free to wince with every step I took, because it hurt. I took a bath in the giant bathtub that was provided with the room, and used one of the soaps that smelled of lavender and strawberries. The bath was relief on my sore parts. After I got out, dressed quickly, and brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail.

I then walked back into Loki's chambers to find him dressed and ready to go as well. "Are you okay, darling?" he asked. Then I realized I was probably walking weird because although the bath helped, I was still sore.

"I'm fine, just twisted my ankle walking out, you know how clumsy I can be. Ill be fine," I lied to him. I felt bad about it, but if he found out it was because of him I was hurting, he would feel guilty.

We then walked out, hand in hand, to the kitchens to grab some breakfast before the meeting with Odin.

******

(Loki's POV)

I knew that Amanda was lying, but I didn't push the matter considering we were going to have a stressful time with Odin. We grabbed some breakfast before the meeting with Odin, but I didn't have a stomach for much. Walking out into Asgard again, I couldn't help but admire Amanda, and how beautiful she was in the golden glow. Her face lit up in a bright smile, her eyes taking in everything and all the strange wonders of this new realm to her. I was truly lucky to have her in my life.

"I'm sorry, love, but we have to go to the throne room or we will be late," I told her.

"Okay, let's go," she said. "Do you know what he wants?" she asked while we were walking back.

"No, not really. I think he just wants to make sure you're an okay person and I'm actually changed like people say I am," I bitterly said. No one in their right mind would think Amanda was not a good person.

She rolled her eyes. "This isn't going to be one of those lectures where he tells me about what you did in the past how I should carefully consider this, is it?"

"I'm afraid so, knowing him, it will be," I informed her.

Then we walked into the throne room together. Odin was sitting up there, staff in hand, looking at us walk in.

To my disgust, I bowed, and Amanda bowed too because she was wearing one of my tunics again.

"Your majesty," she addressed. "You requested our presence."

"Yes I did," Odin said. We got up from our bows.

"It has been brought to my attention that you, just a mortal, are here in Asgard and have no intentions of leaving soon," Odin accused.

"Yes, sir. That is all true," Amanda said.

"I'm afraid this cannot be allowed," Odin said.

"What would that be sir?" Amanda asked.

"For you are just a mortal, and are not allowed on Asgard," Odin stated. Amanda opened her mouth to retort, but I cut in.

"She is still not well. We cannot send her on her way until she is completely healed," I told him.

"Very well. You will leave as soon as you are well again," Odin said. "You are dismissed."

We walked out hurriedly and found ourselves at the garden. I sat down on the bench and Amanda followed suit. "When will I be 'well' again?" she asked.

"I don't know, whenever you get tired of me," I said smirking.

"Never then," she replied.

"I don't want you to have to go. It's not right. Just because you're from Midgard doesn't mean you can't be here in Asgard," I reasoned.

"Since when was Odin one for reason?" she said smiling. I smiled back.

"There you have a point. We have to find something that will make him let you stay," I said. "But what?" Then I started thinking, and thinking, but nothing was coming to mind.

"We have a few days to find something, let's just relax for now. We talked with Odin and nothing else is planned for the rest of the day. We'll have fun!" she said, breaking my train of thought.

"Let's go do something then," I said extending my hand to her. She took it and stood up. We just have to get through this day, and I will make sure to find a reason for her to stay.

******

*End of Chapter*

The authors note was at the beginning this time, so let me just say...

Please vote and comment! See you next update. (soon!)

~Anna (crazed_with_fandoms)