Hair Down

Chapter 26: Hair Down
(Amanda's POV)
A few weeks had passed and I still hadn't gotten tired of Asgard. Everyday was basically the same thing. Hanging out with Sif and the Warriors Three, Thor and, about once a week, an affair with Loki at night.
Also my sickness had come back. Although we didn't know what it was last time, it had come back. I was throwing up and had awful headaches. Although the head healer, Ava, says it's something else, I haven't let her check me out yet.
Ever since I got here I had had no contact with anyone on Earth. Loki had brought my phone, but I guess inter-dimensional travel kills battery, and there are no chargers on Asgard. But I often found myself wondering how they were over there, Tony, Steve, and everyone else too. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Loki and my new friends, but I miss everyone back home.
"Hello, love," Loki said, interrupting me from my thoughts.
"Hi," I said. I was on the balcony in our room, the place I always went to think.
"What are you thinking of?" he asked.
"Stuff," I responded turning to smile at him. He smiled.
"At least it wasn't non-stuff," he said jokingly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned back into his tall, sturdy frame.
"Are you still unwell?" He asked.
"I'm better than I was, I think," I said truthfully.
"Well, we will continue to hope you will get better." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead.
"Thanks." I said gratefully. There was a knock on the door.
"Come in," Loki said as we turned and walked into our room. A young maid walked in. She bowed.
"Prince Loki, I am to tell you that it is time to get dressed for dinner, and Amanda is wanted in the Queen's chambers."
"Yes of course. She will be down in a minute," he said, dismissing the maid. She nodded and left.
"Amanda, my dear, will you do me a favor?" he asked.
"Anything," I said. I was willing to do anything for him.
"Leave your hair down for this dinner."
Except that. "Um, no," I said.
"Why not, dear?"
"Do you even know me? Loki, I love you very much and would do anything for you, except that," I told him.
"Please!" he begged. He reminded me of a small child begging his mother for sweets.
"What would be the use?" I asked.
"I'm sure I can convince you," he said seductively.
"Okay, okay," I said not wanting to waste anymore time. "Fine I'll wear my hair down."
"Thank you love," he said kissing me.
"Yeah, yeah," I said and gave him a short kiss on the lips before leaving to the Queen's chambers.
I knocked on the large doors that I had gotten used to with the many visits. "Come in," I heard Frigga say. I walked in to see her fixing her hair, and dresses lined up against the closet door.
"I put out some options for your dress. Personally I like the second one best for you," she said, pointing to a grand gold dress, with green lace over top of it.
"It's beautiful!" I said speechless.
"I thought you would like it," she said. "Put it on, and Ill help you do your hair."
"It's fine," I said. "Loki wanted me to wear it down tonight."
"Well, I was wondering when you would. I haven't seen you with it down, but I'm sure you look beautiful," she said happily.
******
Ten minutes later we were both walking down to the dining room for the dinner. My hair was down, for a first, and I was constantly fixing it. It was long, wavy, and the golden lighting caught a good glow on it.
"Stop messing with your hair dear, you're beautiful," Frigga stated kindly.
"Thank you," I said nervously. I was suddenly very queasy, and I hoped it wasn't my sickness taking effect, but only nervousness.
We walked in and I sat next to Loki, while Frigga sat next to Odin.
"You look stunning, my love," Loki whispered.
"Thank you," I replied.
The cooks skipped the appetizers for this meal, and went straight to the main course. They brought out a feast of lamb, mashed potatoes, and various vegetables.
I took small helpings, knowing that I was still ill, and started on my potatoes. The first bite into the lamb I knew it was going to come back up, so I excused myself from the table, and walked slowly out of the dining room. As soon as I was out, I rushed to the bathroom. I threw up a few times, then rinsed out my mouth.
"Do you want me to come?" I heard Loki's voice say in my head.
"No, I'm fine now," I replied.
"Darling, you have to get this checked out," Loki said in my mind.
"Okay. Ill go and see Ava. Please give an excuse for me, say I am unwell or something," I responded back.
"I will. Now go, I want you to be well," Loki said demandingly.
I smiled and headed off to the healers station.
"Amanda, what are you doing here?" Ava asked.
"I have been unwell for a week or so, and Loki wants to get me checked out now." I replied.
"Okay," she said nodding to the chair. "Sit down and we will run some tests on you."
"How have you been feeling?" Ava asked.
"I've been queasy, had headaches, and I've thrown up many times." I replied. She nodded her head and took some of my blood.
"The tests will be done in a few minutes. If its what I think it is, it will be very easy." Ava said smiling.
I sat waiting until the minutes were up. Ava came back in the room with the results.
She smiled. "It is what I thought," she said. And then, for once I was happy that Loki wasn't there to hear the news that caused my sickness the second time around.
"You're pregnant!"
**********
A/N
Hey guys! Thanks for reading! I know it's been forever since and update, but I've been really busy preparing this chapter, and the next book.
This is the last chapter of this book, so go read the sequel! It's called 'Fighting with the Other Side.'
Please vote and comment your thoughts. Thanks for all of your support through this book! I will definitely miss writing it, but I will still be writing and continuing the story in the sequel!
Thanks for reading! See you next book. (soon!)
~Anna (crazed_with_fandoms)