Part 3

Vylad (Pov)

I jumped tree to tree, my heart racing at the idea that they could get me. I overheard them say they've already got the 'runt' and that he was injured. I let the thought leave my mind as I focused on getting them off my tail.

"We got the head of them. He's aggressive though, nearly killed Thompson," a voice rang through their device.

They're not that far from me, that filled me with a sickening feeling. I jumped to a higher up branch and flung myself to a vine, swinging over to a lower tree further away. I jumped down to the forest floor and ran past the beautiful place I've called home for years.

My legs grew weak from the amount of running and jumping I've been doing but I pushed myself and didn't stop. I felt tears stream down my cheeks at the thought of losing my brothers. My vision blurred from the tears and I tripped over a stupid rock.

As I stood ready to run once more I froze at the site of the edge of the cliff. I shook in fear as I heard loud footsteps behind me along with a low chuckle. I turned to them fear rushing through my body, tears continued to stream down my face. They smirked as the got closer to me making my heart beat faster.

They got me cornered...