11: Tyler Says Yes, But My Bank Account Says NO!

"How about this?" Tyler asked, holding up a shirt with a paint bucket in the corner. It appeared to be spilling stars, and space itself, all over the front of it. Tyler and Josh were very fond of shopping, I'd found out, as they were clearly having more fun than I. While Tyler said yes, my bank account said NO. After all, my fathers were only paying my dorm rent, college books, and food, so I wouldn't have to get a job. I didn't have the money to afford a car, or flashy clothes. Still, the two boys whisked me through the men's section, snatching a bunch of shirts they thought were appropriate for a party.

"Tyler..." I whined. Josh popped up from behind me, gasping at the shirt. "Amazing! Add it to the cart." He confirmed. The two boys high fived as they past each other. Leaving me, the tallest, and yet the least threatening, to wallow in annoyance as my bank account was drained. The two had already collected a variety of shirts, from nicer white shirts with loose sleeves, to spotted shirts with pockets for pens. Apparently, my 'grandpa' clothes weren't party enough for me to wear. I disagreed. I happened to like my grandpa sweater. I was still on board with the plan, just not specifically happy with this part of it.

"Alright, Dal, time to try stuff on." Tyler insisted, shoving the four shirts they'd picked out into my hands, and guiding me to the changing rooms. "Guys, I don't have this kind of money.." I trailed off, turning around with an abrupt stop. Tyler bumped right into my chest, bouncing back with a pout on his lips.

"That's why I'm paying. Josh is buying lunch." He replied. Then it hit me. That twinge of guilt. I didn't want them doing this for me, I personally didn't think I deserved it. Did I? I frowned, shaking my head slowly. "I'm not letting you pay for me. What will I do to pay you back? Maybe I shouldn't go...what if Brendon doesn't like me?"

"Dallon! You don't have to pay us back. We're your friends. All you have to do is go to the party, and remind Brendon what he's missing out on. Come on, I'm sure model-face likes you." Josh assured, shoving a few pairs of jeans into my arms. I held the load tightly against my chest, and sighed softly. Already, I was glad Brendon had introduced me to them. Kimono and Drummer boy may have a lot of sexual tension between each other, but they were so far the best friends I'd made, other than Spencer. I missed Spencer. However, I wasn't exactly happy with him.

I came out in the first shirt, a white shirt with patterned short sleeves, and a patterned shirt pocket. I walked out to show the outfit off to Josh and Tyler, who were seated in the waiting seats, but to my surprise, Spencer was leaning against the back of Josh's chair. My lips curved into a big grin, as happiness swelled in my chest. His own eyes lit up.

"So, Mr. Adult is indeed alive?" He teased. I looked down in embarrassment.

"Shut up. I missed you." I cut straight to the point, and enveloped him in a hug bigger than one a mother gave her child. Then he pulled away, and gripped my shoulders, and looked right up into my eyes.

"I missed you too, but go change. It doesn't fit you." I chuckled, shooting a triumphant direction in Josh's direction, who had argued that this shirt would win anybody over. Tyler grinned, leaning over to pat Josh's shoulder. Josh turned dark red.

I came out in the second shirt, a plain white one with loose sleeves. It fit nicely, each button a compliment to the material. Tyler threw his hands up as he gained Spencer's approval. After trying on a few more shirts, we'd all come to an agreement; the white shirt worked best with my attitude, and clicked better with the darker pair of jeans Josh had chosen. Trying clothes on wasn't as boring as I'd thought. After all, they convinced me to pull a few poses while I was trying on the pants. I went as far as to stick my ass straight out, only to hollar in protest  as Josh smacked his hand across it, and muttered something about Brendon being lucky. I knew he was teasing, but I couldn't escape the blush that easily became evident on my cheeks.

"Josh!" Tyler shrieked, launching himself up onto the boy's back. Josh's knees gave in, and the two took a tumble. Spencer wandered over to stand beside me, the two of us just watching the two boys wrestle around on the messy linoleum floor. I wondered how many times the store managers actually swept.

"How do I look?" I finally asked, turning to show my outfit off to my best friend. Spencer's eyes lit up affectionatly, and he leaned forward to grab my shirt. He easily tugged at it, ripping the buttons at the top apart.

"What the hell? I just spent like fifteen minutes buttoning all these up." I complained, but when I raised my hand to button them up again, Spencer blocked it.

"Stop it, you have to look hot. Trust me, you look hot like this. You look..wild.." He decided. I huffed, my lips forming a pout. "So you're suddenly in?" I asked. Spencer rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. You're old enough to make decisions. But I'm still old enough to kick somebody's ass." He warned. I stifled a soft laugh. Of course he would, he'd kick anybody's ass for me, which was really comforting.

"Alright then."

"Josh! Tyler! Get off the dirty floor. We're going to lunch." Spencer griped. The two boys jumped, Josh collapsing on top of Tyler. All we got was a grunt in reply, and a guilt smile. Then we all left for lunch.