28: Far Too Young To Die

[ 3rd Person POV ]

Brendon climbed the stairs to the roof, commiting yet another illegal act by climbing up to the apartment complex roof anyways. He felt guilt, terrible, but most importantly, he felt dirty. He didn't want to be on top of some nasty person such as Ryan, he preferred the sweet, gentle man he currently approached.

Dallon's jacket hugged around his thin figure, protecting him from the wind that otherwise bat his hair around. His tired eyes proved he'd gotten no sleep the night before, and probably wouldn't get any sleep after they were done, either.

"Dallon." Brendon greeted. His heart broke at the sight of what used to be his. Dallon's tear stained cheeks clawed at Brendon's heart, and if Brendon could, he'd hold Dallon. He'd rock him, apoligize; and explain everything. Including what happened in Hollywood. But he couldn't. For his safety, he had to wait.

"I'm sorry, Dallon." He weakly apoligized. Dallon's face twisted into an expression full of anger, but masking that was pain. Dallon didn't reply, but instead reached out to put a hand against Brendon's cheek. For moments, he o ly did such, but the action wasn't as comforting as it had been times before. Everything Dallon did held regret.

"We're through, Brendon."

"I know." Brendon bit his lip, the sensation to cry was crawling up his throat, like it had the night before. He turned to nuzzle his face into Dallon's hand. Dallon let him do such, before eventually stepping closer, and brought their relationship to a close with one last kiss. This kiss, which gave Dallon as much emotion as their first, was long and passionate. While it held the pain of Brendon's actions, it still held so much love; the love the two of them held for each other.

"You know," Dallon whispered, as he pulled away. Brendon's hand lingered to the front of his ex's coat, and he raised his head to face Dallon, his bronze eyes monotonously watchinh Dallon's lips as they moved. "I didn't think you'd come tonight." He admitted. His sentence was a blow in the chest to Brendon.

"Dallon, I'll always come for you. There won't be a day in history where your calls will be ignored." Brendon promised, his voice growing weaker with emotion with each passing second. Dallon sighed, and pulled away from Brendon, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"You didn't answer my calls yesterday, you fucking liar." Dallon spat, though his voice didn't raise, it kept the gentle tone. Brendon sighed, and ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Dallon, I can explain. Swing by my place tomorrow and I'll explain, oka-?" Before Brendon could finish, Dallon had abruptly chimed in, "No, Brendon! What ever you need to say can be said here, right now!" He insisted, pointing a finger at the ground as he demanded he get his way.

"You don't understand, I can't! Tomorrow, please!" Brendon pled. Dallon's hard expression didn't change, until Brendon got down on his knees, and tugged at his ex's pantleg. "Please."

"Fine, tomorrow is all. That's it. We're still over."