Chapter 13

So, there I was, dating the hottest guy in Manhattan and sitting alone in my apartment on a Saturday night. Vincent had been called away to help with a disturbance. The usual weekend rowdies. Nothing the other domi couldn't handle, but Vincent used it as an opportunity to connect with William Lassiter. As the eldest son of his domus, William had been Vincent's first sparring partner. If there was any news from the Lassiter camp, William would divulge.

With my TV remote in one hand and my phone in the other, I channel surfed while I called Sylvie. I had good news to share with her, thanks to my mega mogul boyfriend.

"You still awake?" I said when she grumbled her greeting in my ear.

"No. This is a recording of your friend's brain after a hellish day and too many margaritas."

"Poor baby. Did the hellish day lead to too many margaritas?"

"Of course, it did. My boss is a dick. He worked me all day then decided to submit the proposal after his weekend in Key West."

"Tell him to stick his dick up his ass."

"Oh, how I would love to, but life costs money and the dick pays me well."

"I could go on for an hour after a remark like that, but I won't."

"Please, do. It would make me feel better."

"How about I make you feel better by offering you a chance to interview with the prestigious law firm of Harper and Smythe right here in beautiful downtown Manhattan?"

"Mamacita! I assume Vincent had something to do with that prestigious offer?"

"Of course. They want to interview you Monday morning, if that's at all possible."

"I will make it so. Bossman is in Florida until Tuesday. I'll drive up tomorrow and crash with you, or maybe Colin will share his bed with me again. I've had wet dreams about that night and I want to add to them."

"By all means, indulge. Come to find out, the stamina thing runs in the family."

She laughed. "I'm not surprised. You told me they compete with each other. Maybe you and I are like chess pieces and they're playing a game of..."

"Stop talking before you dig yourself a hole you can't get out of."

"You're right. My desire to find a metaphor could insult an entire gender. It's the tequila talking."

"How are you with helicopters? Vincent will arrange to have Scooby pick you up in the Valentino's personal copter, once you give me the word."

"Scooby is the pilot's name? That's so seventies. Will you be there to meet me?"

"Definitely. Oh, and I should probably fill you in on something. I'm not staying at Vincent's place. He's living with me."

"Living together? At your place instead of his castle in the sky? What gives?"

"Logistics beyond my control, but the situation could change at any moment. In the meantime, shave those seldom seen places and start packing for an overnighter with a hot body."

"I'm on it. See you tomorrow."

As soon as I hung up with Sylvie, I sent a text to Colin.

Looks like you might get lucky this weekend. Or has that already happened?

His response came back immediately.

Certain facts must remain confidential, but you now have my undivided attention.

Sylvie will be in town tomorrow night. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

So, we're pulling out all the stops? Mushroom and pepperoni pizza followed by hours of sex?