Best Friends

Me and Miku have been best friends for a really long time, people often thought we were dating. At times I thought we were actually.

Y/N watched as his great grandfather walks down the driveway, he is staying with Y/N, just until his house down being renovated.

Miku is what you call a singer, she's well known across town. I get to perform with her at times as a duet, she's a singer...But she does need her pianist, drummer, guitarist, saxophonist, and back up singer...Which I apparently do for her.

I guess you can say I am a Jack-of-all-trades.

Miku appears behind Y/N, hugging him from behind. She does many times, not because she likes him, more of a very close friend way.

Miku
"Paps is here!".

"I haven't seen him since I was just a little boy...".

Miku
"Does he still remember me?".

"Didn't he take us to the camping?".

Miku
"I think so...".

Great grandfather enters the house, yelling the top of his lungs. Miku and Y/N walked towards him smiling.

"Hey Paps!".

Miku
"Hey Mr. L/N!".

Jackson (Paps) L/N
"Hey kiddos, how's life?".

He then notices Miku hugging Y/N, in which he smiles with joy.

Paps
"Are you two dating?".

Miku
"No, were just friends".

"Yeah, just friends 💔".

We're just friends...Only friends...💔

Paps noticed Y/N's facial expression changed from happy to sad, his own great grandson just got friendzoned by the girl who knew him since forever.

That's gotta hurt....

Miku
"He's been a great friend, always helping chase my dream. I've even been noticed​ by several agents!".

"I just got accepted to Acedia U, the largest and most well known Engineering school in the country!".

Paps
"Good for you two....".

We spent the entire day talking and eating, Paps told us stories about his days in combat. Me and Miku were mesmerized by his tales.

Miku had to leave, she hugged and said goodbye to me, which further cracked my already breaking heart.

Another day, without​her knowing how I really feel.

Miku and Y/N spent so much time together, spending Christmas, even New year's together. Y/N was Miku's rock, but she held Y/N together, both of them are unseperable.

Every night, Y/N will lay awake in his bed for hours, trying to pick up the courage to ask out his childhood sweetheart. He did everything to get her notice him.

Laying awake again, Y/N stared at the ceiling. Balling his fists in anger.

Why doesn't she see me as more than a friend, I know her better than anyone else.

Why does she date the wrong guys...Who always leave her in pieces, and it's my job to clean up the mess and put her back together. I would treat her better, than every other man can, I love her with all my heart.

Closing his eyes, Y/N dreamt of a dream where he would finally be with Miku, but as always...It was just a dream.

For he hoped that dream would become a reality.