Poison

3rd day of the fifth moon. Year 879.Writing: Antony, Son of Maximilian

"Is this it?" I asked, pointing at the building. This was one of the few moments where my imagination did not exaggerate, creating an image that was mostly a disappointment. "Well, the name is the same so I guess that's it" Celestine shrugged, setting her back against the wooden pillar that supported the balcony of a house. This district of the city seemed a bit more well structured, the architecture was classes higher than that of the previous districts and the citizens were wearing more elegant and delicate clothes. The women wore golden earrings, perfectly crafted silver necklaces with shining, full of colors gems.

The inn 'The Empty Quiver' was no poor sight either. Unlike most of the inns or taverns that we had encountered so far, this was not made with wood, the outer wall was decorated with an incredibly symmetrical pattern of surprisingly pure white stones with not a single flaw on their surface. The only piece of wood in the entire structure were the pillars which, too, were reinforced with steel on the two ends of each pillar in order to reinforce the structure. The wall's design, comprised by the white stones, seemed to portrait an image of hunting. On the beginning of the building's wall, which was on the left, stood a hunter with a bow and an empty quiver on his back. A wounded wolf stood by his side, it's teeth bared out, protecting it's owner. On the far opposite side stood a beast like nothing I had seen before, large fangs and claws and a threatening grimace on it's face.

Between the two figures, the architect had excellently carved images of the wild, depicting trees, others tall and other low, with vegetation on the roots of them that seemed to be one with the ground. Animals had been carved on the stone wall and then painted over it in order to appear more realistic. Birds on the sky and other minor animals on the ground decorated the scene, all integrated with extreme precision to the stone design and the flat aspect of the wall, also adding a usage for the windows which were colored accordingly to where they stood in the bigger picture as to not ruin it. "Quite the spectacle" I noted, finishing my inspection of the wall. 'This' I thought, 'is a city I can get used to living in'. "Too flashy for my taste" Celestine rolled her eyes.

I had gotten into the trouble of explaining her our mission, leaving almost nothing out of my narration, apart from the moments where I argued with Nick since this was personal information. "So, is the man you are searching for inside?" Maria asked, looking at me. She was sitting on a rather new oak barrel, it's silver linings on the top and bottom were shining still. "According to our information, yes, he is" I replied, glancing at both side of the street, left and right, to see whether Nick had arrived. Four hours had already passed, the sun was close to the center of the sky but Nick was nowhere to be seen. Celestine noticed my concern, "Don't worry, he'll be fine" She smirked.

"How can you know? The city is vast and the dangerous twice that size" I glanced at my backpack which I had placed in front of my feet as I stood against a wall. Thankfully we were being shielded from the scorching noon sun by a balcony. "You know what they say. Catching a two horned unicorn is easier than catching a Blunt" She poked my ear with her finger, making huff. "There are two horned unicorns? Are there unicorns in genera?" I asked. "Not as far as I know, but that was not my point" She corrected me, looking down. Maria seemed to have distracted herself by looking at the jewelry that the women that were walking by had.

"I suppose your point was that they would not capture Nick"
"Yes"
"But what if-"
"They won't"
"But.."
"I said they won't"
"He's alo-"
"No"
"Celestine"
"Antony"

"For Gaia's sake you are just like him" I groaned. "I'll take that as a compliment" She chuckled, there was an air of victory in her voice. Her arguments were by no means valid and yet she somehow convinced me. I took out my notebook and a pencil, writing down on it. Maria looked away from the street, not many women seemed to be passing from there. "What are you writing, Antony?" She asked, sitting more properly on the barrel. She had the side of Nick, yet somehow the barrel could hold her weight. "Using invalid arguments can work if I am... stubborn enough" I read loudly. Celestine and Maria both laughed. "I have been trying to be honest, lying is nothing I am used to. Unlike you two ladies and Nick" I said, looking at both of them. They chuckled, covering their mouths with their hands.