Water Falls

27th day of the fifth moon. Year 879.Writing: Antony, Son of Maximilian

My fingers loosened their grip around my pen, which dropped onto the familiar wooden desk and rolled down until it fell over, reaching the floor with an almost inaudible sound. I would not bother to pick it up, there was no use to it, at least not today. The sun had set over the bronze horizon hours ago and I had ignored the creeping darkness to continue what I believed to be a breakthrough in my studies, which to my disappointment, was not. I extinguished the fire of the candle that had been burning for hours now, the wax had already melted almost entirely and only a tiny block of wax remaining to support the dying flame.

With the dark having enveloped my room, I walked over to the bed and collapsed upon the soft mattress, grunting with pleasure as my back straightened, leaving me breathless for a second before I let out a sigh of relief. Before my eyes began to close, I looked over at the desk that I was previously studying on. There was a blanket of books, someone could say, over this old piece of furniture. The books' white, black and red covered like the patterns of a perfectly knitted blanket, the golden and green linings on the edges like the details only the creator would notice and the words on the yellowed pages being the insignificant, yet satisfying warmth of it.

I smiled, thanking Gaia for the millionth time for sending me that book when I was little, or I would not be able to find the warmth of the written pages in the night. With that memory in my mind, I sense my eyelids flicker, growing heavy to the point that gravity pulled them down and plunged my world into dark and soon my mind, sending me to a gentle sleep.

--~~--

"Antony" A low whispered tickled my ear, the air produced by the breath mesing with the fur on my ear. I shivered and turned to my side, trying to shake off the dream and return to the blissful state of sleep. "Antony wake up" The voice spoke cheerfully and a second later, I felt two smooth lips on my forehead. I groaned, yawning as I sat up on my bed to see what was going on. A blurry figure sat on the edge of my bed, obviously female, but that was the only hint of the person's identity.

I shook my head, looking at the open window. The moonlight still painted the floor with it's silver light and the stars glimmered in the distance, it was still nighttime. "W-who is this?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes as I turned to the figure, which was now more apparent. A female Rabbit with brown fur and a singular white spot on her neck sat on my bed, her outfit being nothing but a simple yellow, knee-long dress and an almost empty backpack with handmade trinkets tied onto it.

"It is me, Sia" She responded, yawning as well. Of course she would be tired, having woken me up in the middle of the nig.... "Sia?" I realized, mentally slapping myself for not identifying her earlier.

"Hello Antony" She said cheerfully, tilting her head to the left. "Hello, I... I did not expect you to be here so soon and especially at this time of the night" I casted a look at the window again, before sitting properly on the bed. "I was under the impression that you would be studying late again and judging by the mess on the desk, I was not mistaken" She chuckled, standing up to take a better look at the desk. I hastily did so as well, walking over to it and lighting the candle, shedding some light to the dark room.

"This is much better, now, Sia..." I cut myself off when she dropped her backpack by the bed and laid on it. A sigh escaped her mouth and she closed her eyes, not bothering to explain. She must have been tired from the journey here, I could not blame here, I had traveled the same distance myself. I smiled and sat next to her head, petting the fur on her forehead gently. "I am glad you received the message" I said soothingly. Maybe it was just my imagination, but when she slowly opened her eyes, the moonlight reflected onto them as if they were the crystal-clear waters of a lake, revealing her happiness. I smiled, knowing that that had given me an answer