Tavern Brawl

2nd day of the fifth moon. Year 879.Writing: Nick, son of Unknown

Short after our little conversation I retreated to the corner of the room, away from the humans, at least far enough to observe them and our surroundings. After a great effort on my part they allowed Celestine and Maria to enter, but silently, ordering them to remain seated and away from the bed. None of the two humans had talked much to me, but I knew that the same order was in effect for me, to stay away from their suffering comrade. The feeling was not foreign to me, the occasions where Mark would get hurt and I would guard him, not allowing a soul near him.

Celestine had taken a seat on a small decorative stump not far from me, her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes fixed on the windows. I glanced at her and then followed her stare, taking a closer look at the nicely painted windows. There were two of them, both colored, which allowed no vision from the outside whatsoever. She shifted her look to me, silently conveying her concerns. I signaled her to come closer to me, I was sure the humans wouldn't mind. Celestine raised her eyebrow but didn't argue, standing up and casually making her way to me. The female human's head rapidly turned to Celestine, her hand snapping at her knife's hilt. The male just cast a look at them, but didn't move.

Celestine didn't talk or move, her feet rooted on the wooden floor, awaiting confirmation for her moving. The human glanced at her again, slowly taking her hand off the blade and turning back to Antony who was too focused on the suffering man to notice us. Celestine sighed and came to me, sitting down on the floor with her back against the wall. "Hey" She whispered. I smirked, "Hey?" I asked, smiling. "People tend to start conversations like that, dimwit" She rolled her eyes, looking at her blade that was sheathed on her back. I noticed that. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" I warned, leaning back casually, closing my eyes.

"Why that? I can kill her before she even bats an eye" Celestine murmured wickedly, her feet drumming on the wooden floor. I closed my eyes, "Lesson one, notice how your target moves. You made two steps within half a second, which is twice the speed than most humans your age. Now, she had the time to observe your movements and draw her blade. If you had noticed her wrist, you'd see that it was loose, bent over in a throwing position. That means that if you had taken another step within that half a second, she'd have thrown that dagger" I explained, my ears tucked under my head as it touched the wall.

"You noticed all that? She's trained, isn't she?" Celestine asked. I heard her shift on her place uneasily. I opened my eyes to look at her, then the human. "Lesson two, know your target's past" I paused. The sick man shifted with a loud groan, the wound of his cut hand had somewhat began to heal. Antony was doing good work. "That's nonsense. How can I know her past? I don't even know her name, Nick" She snorted, rolling her eyes arrogantly. "Your target's past doesn't have to be personal, you don't need names to cause damage, you don't need the name of who trained them to dodge their blade. What you need to know is who they are, how https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/89085906/write/428940228they were trained and where they lived. Look at her, answer me these three things" I said, nodding at the female human.

Celestine looked at her, focusing her look at her characteristics. "What do I need to notice?" She spoke after a while, I smiled. "How she moves, how she looks, how she spoke. Everything, go in detail of whatever you can notice on her" I advised, closing my eyes once again. Even though I was enjoying this lesson, my mind was constantly on my rifle which was laying outside the city, alone. I felt bare without it. "I think I go something, I'm not sure though" She said, barely a few minutes later. "Go on".

"She has no accessories on her, which means she's poor. Her clothes are too simple for her to be of high rank. Her reaction to my move proves that she was raised on the street, she doesn't hesitate to kill... that's it for now" Celestine shrugged, looking at me. I sighed. "Wrong, all of them. But it was a nice effort, I'll give you that" I spoke, casting a quick look at the female human. "Alright, then. Tell me what you noticed about her" She pouted. I smirked.