Hunting

13th day of the fifth moon. Year 879.Writing: Antony, Son of Maximilian

"Peter, please explain to me!" I pleaded as we closed the door behind us. Seven days have already passed and I had been left behind in the healer's shop while Peter and the others had been bargaining with the Shepherd authorities to enlist their aid into stopping Nick, not returning to the shop for days whole. Today, Peter had stormed in earlier than usual, a furious expression on his face and with him came the others like a raging storm.

"We will not be aided" He growled, dropping his sword on the ground against the wall and sat next to it, not bothering to bring a chair. The others, just as furious and silent, they found somewhere to sit. "They do not believe you, do they?" I asked calmly, closing my eyes, rubbing my temple. "They particarly told us to leave the city within the next two days" Tess growled, her hands curled up in fists.

I looked at Tess, she had tied her hair into a braid and had dyed them again into their previous crimson color. Her face had been changed from the constant expression rage that had replaced her previous cocky attitude. "And so we will" I said, not a suggestion, but a statement. Celestine and Tess eyed me with a look that could kill. "You heard me, we shall leave as said. Prepare our supplies, for we depart in three hours" I said and stood up.

"Antony are you insane? We will not surrender with such ease!" Tess shouted, her voice thundering trough the wooden walls. "We have not surrendered, but we have been told to leave... this means that we have been given a direct order to hunt down Nick" I glanced at each of them, confusion in their eyes. Only Celestine seemed to understand. We had been given the clear to leave the city unharmed and search for him without hinderance.

"We start hunting him today" Celestine smirked, sitting close to Tess. I was not sure what they imagined when I spoke, but their faces lit up. "We need a plan then. Why, where and how, just like you had said Peter" I nodded at the man. Silence, the excitement was still in the air, yet nobody had any plans to suggest.

"I know the answer to the first two questions" Tess finally said, glancing at me. Worry had took the place of her excitement, she knew something that we did not. "Why and where" Oswald nodded, leaning forward to listen. She had my attention to say the very least.

"Blunts have only three laws, two of which you already know. The law of Mercy..." She paused, referring to what the healer had said. I still did not know what that law meant, but it was not what we needed to know. "... and the Law of Evolution" Oswald filled in, nodding. Silence.

"That Law is rarely put into effect, but it means the most to them. It is drilled into them since birth. It basically tells them that when they can change the world, when something new can happen... then they are forced to see it happen" Tess explained. "Nick feels obligated to do... what? He mentioned a magitech core, what is that?" I asked. Nothing of this made sense to me. It was Celestine's turn to talk. "It is nothing more than a Legend, I doubt if it is the real thing, but if it is.... Then we are indeed about to witness evolution. A magitech core is a deity's soul physical form. There are far too many legends to really know it's use, but I have heard of one that stands out" She paused, stood up and headed to the Healer's desk.

"Wait, a deity's soul? Which deity's?" Oswald asked, not saying a name, but I knew who he was speaking about. I felt something tug at me whe he spoke. "I do not know, the legend does not say. Now let me finish" She huffed, turning to Peter.

"It speaks of the awakening of a new power. The legend does not speak of what power it is, but it has instructions on how to... revive it" Silence, I, along with everyone else, was drilled into my seat, eager to have answers.