"Where Do We Go?"

It was the day before Jamari's graduation and I still hadn't talked to him since we shared that kiss in his apartment. I wasn't sure if I was still invited to his graduation, so I was debating in my head whether or not I should go. I'd already bought a suit to wear and I was in the process of buying a gift for him. I hadn't been to a graduation since my own high school graduation, but I remembered how important and proud it made me feel. Something told me that if I got it right and made him feel special, we'd be good. On my way to Shawn's apartment, I found the perfect gift that would definitely make Jamari feel special.

 On my way to Shawn's apartment, I found the perfect gift that would definitely make Jamari feel special

            "Who did you get a puppy for?" Shawn asked me as he let me into his apartment.

            "A friend," I told him. "I forgot what the owner said its mixed with. Chow and somethin' else."

            "Man, I can't have pets up in here. The lease says so."

            "I'm not gonna be here long." I sat the puppy down and then told Shawn, "I just wanted to stop by and talk to you about Malik."

            "He called me and told me you were trippin'."

            "He was fuckin' some raggedy bitch on my sofa. I told him he could stay with me but we got into it because he kept sayin' stupid shit, and then him and that bitch..." I paused and calmed down before asking him, "You know where he stayin'?"

            "Nah, I don't. He didn't say."

            "Malik is still my boy but I can't keep puttin' up with his bullshit. He's been on this wannabe thug shit for a while now and I don't want no part of that."

            "I agree, man. I just hope nothing bad happens to him. He's our brother, K. We've been like brothers for a minute. I think we should sit down with him and just talk it out."

            "Nope. No amount of talkin' is gonna get through to that nigga at this point. I'm takin' a break from him. If he comes to his senses, then I'll be there for him. Until then, he can keep playin' gangsta away from me. I got other shit goin' on." I bent down and scooped the puppy back up.

            "Where you about to go now?"

            "First I need to stop by a pet store and get some stuff I'll need for this puppy overnight. I'm given her away to my friend tomorrow. Then, I'm probably just gonna chill out until my shift tonight."

            "Alright, bruh. Talk to you later."

            "Later." I gave him some dap and then left with the puppy.

            After picking up some supplies I'd need for the puppy, I went home and made her a small bed in a basket in my room. She was a small puppy so I knew she wouldn't be much trouble. The moment I laid her in the softened basket, she fell asleep. I took a shower and changed into some comfortable clothes before going into my kitchen and taking stuff out of my refrigerator to cook since I was hungry. I was in the middle of seasoning some steak when there was a knock at my door.