"Fighter/Lover"

After going all the way with Jamari, I felt like nothing could stop us. We still played it safe and didn't do too much outside of his place or my place, but things definitely got more intense between us. We talked on the phone and texted more whenever we weren't together. We spent every night we could together and shared custody of Jax like she was our kid. It was all fun and fulfilling, but also so crazy to me. I always thought I had the relationship thing figured out while I was with Naomi, but I now realized it could get better. With Jamari, it was better. I clicked with him on this level that I never got even close to clicking with Naomi on. He understood me and I understood him one hundred percent of the time. Our signals were never mixed, and I knew when I looked into his eyes that he was the real thing.

            "I'm in love," I told Shawn over the phone while I was working security one night. "Dawg, I promise this shit just hit me while I was sittin' here at work."

            "Are you sure?" he asked me. "I mean, you and Jamari haven't been together for that long."

            "It is too soon, man. It took me a minute to feel this way about Naomi. It shouldn't be hittin' me this quick, right?"

            "Man, I don't know. If you feel it then you feel it. You can't fight it away and you can't slow it down, I guess." He laughed a little and asked, "When are you gonna tell Jamari?"

            "Bruh, I don't even know. I don't even know how to say it. What if he don't say it back?"

            "Y'all been doin' it, right?"

            "Hell yeah we've been doin' it." I laughed and added, "Shit, we've been gettin' it in."

            "If you've been breakin' him off then I'm sure he'll say it back, man."

            "This shit is crazy. I didn't really stress over it with Naomi. I just blurted it out one day and she got all excited and shit. With Mari, it's different."

            "What's it like?"

            "What you mean?"

            "The sex. Is it the same as with a girl or did he do some extra shit to you?"

            "Man, you don't wanna know all that."

            "Yeah, I do. Come on, man. I'm stuck at the office until late tonight trying to get caught up with shit I've been slacking on. I'm bored out of my mind. It ain't like you haven't talked to me about you and girls before. I've already told you about my experiences getting head from dudes."

            "Alright, alright." I leaned back in my swivel chair and told him, "Bruh, it's a good thing I'm gonna be with Jamari until the unforeseeable future because I'm not sure I can ever go back to women."

            "Damn. It's that good?"

            "And then some, nigga."

            "He turned you out?"

            "More like he turned me on to some better shit. And it's like I don't even feel any shame about it. That's how comfortable he makes me. He gets my head in the right space and keeps it there, and I'm just down for anything when I'm feelin' like that."

            "I want some details man. You know I think about that shit sometimes. He knows how to please you, don't he? I bet he does because men know what other men like, right?"

            "You know it. And then he's into this sex positive mindset so he's always ready to do somethin'. Even when he gives me hand jobs it blows mind. I enjoyed sex when I was only gettin' pussy and only fuckin' around with women, but the shit I'm doin' now is just on a different level. I can go longer and when I do bust, it feels more intense each time. It's like I'm gettin' more out of it than before. You understand what I'm sayin'?"