Prologue Part 1

Nicara's P.O.V

Werewolves; half human and half wolf, savaged reckless animals, that have been roaming our world for decades. Humans lived in fear of these mythical creatures, almost all their lives, until a group of founders, decided to make a league of vigilantes to protect all humans. 

Hunters. 

Vampire Hunters, Witch Hunters and Werewolf Hunters, are the strongest, and most common of all hunters.

My great grandfather, was the best werewolf hunter,  killing an entire Rogue pack, and creating our line; the Jackson line.

The werewolves had declared war against us werewolf hunters, that went on for years. When my grandfather took over his father's position, he had decided to end the useless war. The leaders from two of the most powerful werewolf packs, joined the meeting with my grandfather who, was accompanied by one other strong werewolf Hunter line.

Three out of the four, had agreed to end this war once and for all;  to share the land equally, and to have justice on the guilty, human or not, except for one leader. He wanted to end the entire werewolf hunter line, in, revenge for all the packs and werewolves they had murdered.
My grandfather used to tell stories about the heroic Alpha Aslant, who had saved his life from the alpha, that had tried to kill the hunters.

Stories were told to me, when I was little about werewolves, and how dangerous the animals are, but I never really realized the true recklessness of one, until the attack, a couple of years ago.  I saw it with my own eyes; a werewolf rip apart a person's body, like a rag doll, having no care in the world. Ever since that horrible attack, I have been training harder, to be the best female Hunter of my line, to protect the humans against any werewolf that comes their way and so far I am succeeding.