Chapter 3

Nicara's P.O.V

The next morning I got up before anyone else in the house. The sun was slowly rising, bringing an almost orange glow and the sky a somber purple, just like my mood. I pulled the covers aside and rolled out of my huge bed, slipping straight into my Uggs. Heading to my bathroom, I stopped just in front of my mirror looking at the horrible bruise surrounding my eye. There was a blue ring covering the bottom of my eye, dark and but thank goodness it wasn't swollen. I hissed loudly as I softly touched the bruise, cursing under my breath at Chase. Didn't his mom ever teach him not to hit girls? Technically he didn't hit me directly per say but still!

Once inside the bathroom I slowly started to undress. The shower steamed up the bathroom immediately after I switched it on. White steam fogged up the bathroom slowly as I took off my sleep wear. I hoped into the shower, feeling the water hammer against my back soothingly. I took the Lavender body wash from the rack and started scrubbing myself carefully trying not to hurt my bruised rib, it wasn't as painful as it was the day before but I still wanted to be careful. Once I could feel my skin pruning, I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around me. I stilled for a moment carefully listening to the rain drops outside and I scurried out of the bathroom to watch the droplets of rain run down my window. I traced a raindrop that trailed down the window with my finger, following its jerky movements until it disappeared. It's funny how the weather could sometimes change from sunny to clouded and rainy just like that.

After about half an hour of just sitting and watching the weather, I started to feel goosebumps creep up my arm. I decided on a pair of blue skinny jeans, a plain black tank top and a grey sweater with my knee high black boots. It was six by the time I had gotten ready and finished off homework from the day before. I hope I'm not the only one who does that....when you just don't feel like doing your homework the night before so you quickly do it in the morning. Once I was positive I had finished the paragraph long question, I shut my book and stuffed it into my bag, before heading downstairs for breakfast.
"You're up early. I hope you know that you don't have training today?" Dad asked me and I nodded. The smell of fresh coffee filled the kitchen and I immediately went to the cabinet to fetch a mug. It was silent as I poured myself a cup and added two cups of sugar with milk. After reaching for a muffin in the microwave I took a seat next to dad at the breakfast table. I kissed his cheek while sneakily taking his muffin from his plate. You could never have enough chocolate chip muffins, especially if they are home made.
"Hey!" He objected, shoving me playfully but it was already too late. I giggled triumphantly before taking a bite out of the muffin, savoring the chocolaty taste in my mouth slowly. Dad's smile soon disappeared, his eyes forming into slits as he stared at me curiously.

"What?" I asked innocently, my smile fading away too as he reached over and lifted up my chin.

"What happened to your eye young lady?" He asked angrily, I jumped slightly at his sudden burst. Crap! I had forgot to cover it up after my shower.

"Morning you two" Mom croaked tiredly, stomping downstairs followed by Malachi.

"Do you know about this?" Dad pointed at my eye just as Malachi jumped off the last step, his eyes widening.

"Dad it was just a game of dodge ball and I wasn't concentrating properly." I told him, although he didn't seem quiet convinced.

"Is this true?" He asked Malachi, his eyes still the size of tuna fish, drifting from my dad to me. Finally he nodded but I could see he was aching to tell my dad who was responsible for it. Dad looked back at me, all anger gone but now amused. "You should be careful, I hope you have some kind of plan to get the person back next time you play." He said making me laugh with a nod.