Chapter 6

Chase's P.O.V

No it can't be.

She can't be.

It's not possible!

She's not a werewolf and I know I sure am one.

I don't understand it.

How is it possible?

I have heard of many other creatures that have human mates but not many from werewolves.

It had been two days since I found out that Nicara is my destined mate. That day when I talked to her, trying to apologize, I don't know what compelled me but something pulled in my chest and next thing I know I was touching her skin right underneath her eye. That electric shock. That shock was something I had never felt in my entire life until I had touched her. At first I didn't think it was true! I mean I had touched her skin before then and I never felt anything, but as the day went by, little things started to grow more clear. Her smell...I could smell her scent from opposite of the cafeteria at lunch. If I concentrated hard enough I could hear her heartbeat whenever it picked up it's pace. Cole was anxious to be near her whenever I could sense her walking down the corridor.

No.

It just couldn't be!

Once I got home from school, I made a beeline for my office, greeting a few of the pack members on my way. I closed the door behind me and dumped my bag on the floor, beginning my search. I shuffled through my office banging draws shut in frustration. Where could that dang book be? I searched every draw and cupboard over and over again but it was nowhere to be seen. I even checked the hidden treasures in the secret floor board.

I gave up! I huffed a deep sigh and sat on the leather chair groaning tiredly. My head started to throb and I rubbed my temples deeply.

Just ask father! Cole growled for the umpteenth time. 

No! If I ask him he will get a suspicious and then we will never hear the end of his questions and I am not up for another argument today. I told Cole and he shut up after that. Although I could feel his irritation. I took the room in, starting from the corner and slowly landscaped the areas carefully. The book had to be somewhere in the room. I was sure of it. Past the window, past the curtains under and over the small fire pit in the corner, over my wide desk which I made a small note to clean after my search, and across the book shel-

"Are you kidding me?!" I sighed in exasperation. I got up and headed to the bookshelf behind my desk. It covered the entire wall and the corner with books squeezed together like sardines but neatly and alphabetically.
I skimmed my index finger along the back of the books slowly, reading the names out loud until I finally reached the one. The old book was tattered along the edges and the cover faded into browns like the pages inside. It felt so fragile in my hands as I turned the pages one by one. There was no other book like the Cartea de cunoaștere supranatural.

Only five of these books remain. One for each of the strongest species. The Asgard Pack Vlad el Drac Magic Coven Elfvistria Malificent Kingdom Each book written in each creatures ancient language.