Chapter 21

Chase' P.O.V

When I arrived at the pack house after my run, I had only one thing on my mind and that was to find that piece of shit Tyler. I boomed his name through the entire pack house, getting looks from the members a I stormed pass them. A group of younger boys all pointed to the back yard, where I could see him, Shane and a few of the other guys playing soccer. I wanted to shift and let my wolf have at him but I control Cole with a growl. I wanted to be the one to rip out his throat, not my wolf. The game stopped, as the large wooden door banged against the wall as I exited. I lunged for Tyler in one go, tackling him to the grass, landing with a thud.

"You son of a bitch, I told you she's my mate." I snarled, socking him once in the nose and then again until I felt his blood on my knuckles. The vision of the shiny 'T' necklace clouded my mind, almost mocking me heightening my anger.

How could he?

That was a mark, his mark om my mate!

"Chase, you need to calm down, I don't know what you're talking about." Tyler wheezed out as I gripped his throat put pressure until he started turning red. 

"Chase, stop please." Miya's voice echoed in the distance and I looked up to see horror in her eyes as I drained the life out of her brother. Caught of guard, Shane and Paul tackled my form down, ignoring my demands for them to let me kill him. 

"How could you Tyler?" I shouted clawing at the two well built men, detaining me. By now a crowd had formed, gawking at the scene of their beta and alpha fighting. 

"What the hell are you even talking about Chase?" He shouted back as Miya helped him up. I scoffed as I glared at my beta in betrayal. 

"You bought her a necklace! Really Tyler how badly do you want my mate?" I chuckled lowly. My energy had slowly decreasing as hurt and disbelief started replacing my anger.  I watched as his face morphed from confusion to shock. Tyler then rolled his eyes at me before slapping his palm against his forehead. 

"I never bought her the necklace Chase, apparently some family member gave it to her for her birthday." He told me with a grim look on his face. 

"I have a brother, his name is Trevor." 

Shit. 

I sighed defeatedly, feeling my heart double over in relief and embarrassment. 

How could I have been so stupid? 

I remembered her telling me about her brother! 

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

"I can't believe I accused her like that." I gasped, my hands rubbing up and down my shocked face. The boys had let me go and I sat on the ground still in utter disbelief. She saw me with Tammy, she saw what anyone else would have seen but I didn't do anything. "Tyler, I am so sorry I shouldn't have-" 

"I'm not the one you should be apologising to right now Chase. I heard about Tammy and you today in the classroom." He glared at me. Miya looked at Tyler in confusion before glaring down at me. 

"Chase, did you really?" Her voice cracking with every word, making me feel terrible. 

"No I would never, it just looked like I did when Nicara saw us." I explained to them both and everyone else who had heard the rumour Tammy obviously had spread. I got up from the ground and told the crowd to get back to whatever they were doing. Miya had gone back inside, obviously not in the mood to talk to me as well as Tyler who was pretty pissed off with me, which I understood. Shane and Paul patted me on the back before heading inside again.