Chapter 10

Chase's P.O.V🔱

The bus finally stopped and we got off,  still laughing our heads off. I think we pissed the bus driver off a bit.

"So, why did you move schools?" I asked, as we strolled down the empty street, in the direction of Nicara's house.

"Well, my parents didn't really like the schools I went to, so Malachi and I moved schools a lot." She explained to me.

"That must have sucked, moving schools so much?" I wondered, kicking a rock across the pavement. Nicara lived quite a long way from the park, and it surprised me her parents would ever let her take a bus home, as well as walk all the way back. Especially at night!

We had stopped at a diner for dinner, because of her roaring stomach, which she tried to cover with a cough, but after the third symphony, I couldn't take it anymore.
"I'm sorry about the guys. They can be real morons sometimes." I chuckled dryly, as I watched her hungrily dig into her mince wrap. Nicara had hardly touched her food, after the guys practically questioned her about her eating habits. I had to remind them in the mind link that she's human, and that humans don't generally eat as much as werewolves do.

"No it's fine. I wasn't really hungry anyway." She smiled, although I knew that wasn't entirely true. "Do you want a bite?" She asked, holding the wrap out towards me. It looked mouth-watering. I regretted not buying my own, but it was too late to turn back, and get one.

"No it's fine, I already ate at the picnic." I assured her,  looking away from the delicious wrap.

"It's just one bite." She scoffed, rolling her eyes playfully at me. I knew I couldn't resist for much longer, so I took in a deep sigh, as if it was paining me to do so, then leaned in, taking a bite of the wrap. A sudden range of spices erupted onto my tastebuds, and I hummed in approval.

"That's really good." I groaned, between chewing. She smiled at me, raising her hand slowly, and gently brushing her thumb against the corner of my lip. I instantly felt the tingles, stronger than before! She obviously must have been downing the doses of wolves bane, or something.

"You had a little something..."She trailed off. I smiled down at her, gazing at her lips, while she licked them, before slowly rising, until they fixed onto her dark eyes. It was like a dead lock, I couldn't look away. Cheesy, I know, but the pull was so strong, almost like a doting latch had formed, and I knew Cole could feel it. It was frightening. The mate bond was there, I could feel it, but there was still a part of me that shied away from it.  

A blaring honk from a nearby car startled us both, and Nicara's gaze dropped. Damn!

"We should walk on. My house isn't far from here." She said quickly, taking a step away from me, and heading on.

"You said that about two hours ago!" I groaned, dramatically dragging my feet along the pavement. Nicara giggled quietly.

"Yeah well, I never asked you to walk me home, Chase." She sung over her shoulder, to me. I hummed in agreement, before jogging to keep up with her.

We walked in silence for a while, enjoying the tranquility of night. I noticed her, constantly rubbing up and down her arms, and the faint decorating of goosebumps. I took off my jacket, and wrapped it around her frame. Her shivers instantly stopped, whether it was from my close proximity, or the jacket itself, I never asked, but I hoped it was from my first guess.
"Thanks." She mumbled, mirroring my smile, while sowing her arms through the sleeves. Although the jacket was big on her, she looked warm, and if that wasn't a sign of contempt, then the sigh of relief I heard afterwards, definitely was.