Chapter 17

To say I was happy was an understatement. To see that smile on Nicara's face, made my day. Heck it made my entire week. I was so nervous she wouldn't like the bracelet, but her mother did say she knew what her daughter liked which was convincing enough. So I kept my faith strong and bought the jewellerey. 

A chuffed smile adorned my face the entire day and of course the guys teased me about it, however I didn't care. 

I was whipped and I knew it.

I thanked everyone for helping me get word around to everyone in school about Nicara's birthday.  It was essential that everyone wished her  a  Happy Birthday. This of course wasn't so hard, because I was Alpha and most of the students were werewolves and in my pack. They new to listen to their alpha, no questions asked.

Getting the pin for her locker wasn't easy and did involve lots of chocolate bribery to the lady in the front office but from what I heard, the reaction was priceless.

"Chase Benjamin Asgard, I am so proud of!" "You have managed to make my best friend the happiest girl in the world." Miya sung as she got into the car. My head shot up in delight as I stared wide eyed at Miya. 

 "Did she say that?" I eagerly asked. 

 "No...but I could see the look all over her face." She wiggled her newly tinted eyebrows at me. I nodded my head and turned to face the front again. "But if it makes you feel any better, she wasn't afraid to proudly show it off ." Miya added with a sly smirk. Before I could query her on that statement, Tyler and Shane burst into the car, ready to go home. I started the car and headed back to the house. 

"Well, we were in the locker room getting changed back into our clothes after P.E, when I saw her beautiful bracelet-- great job by the way." She patted my shoulder and I smiled gratefully before she carried on. "Anyway, Tammy decided to comment on it and the girls in the locker giggled at her stupid comment but let me tell you, Nicara looked her straight in the eye and told her proudly that you got if for her. Everyone's mouths were so open they could have all caught flies. I swear after that Tammy shut up and hasn't said a word ever since then, but still gives her hatred looks."She finished in a huff. While my brain was trying to catch all that she said and not crash the car, the guys all whooped and laughed. I was happy and boy was a proud of her. 

"Our mates got  fire!" Cole barked and I couldn't agree and more.

We arrived at the pack house and everyone headed to the dining room for homework, except for me. I had pack work to handle. 

Decided I had waited long enough, I called Asher again but still there was no answer. I took the last root and decided to call someone who I knew would be able to help me,  Asher's little brother. Trent picked up on the second call. 

 "Hello Trent, this is Alpha Chase of the Asgard pack." I introduced myself. There was a long pause before a boisterous laugh seeped through the phone and I winced at the loud sound.

 "Man you sound so damn grown up. How long has it been since we've talked?" Trent chuckled and I shook my head. 

"It's been a long time little man." I smiled at the realization that this was in fact little Trent from years ago sounding all grown up. "Is your big brother there?" I question trying to not sound rude. 

"He actually left this morning to come and visit you. It seemed pretty important. He couldn't tell you over the phone and he had sent a messenger to tell you that he was on his way, but we found the messenger's body on the highway half way to your place." Trent notified me. I nodded understandingly and sighed thinking of a way to make sure Asher got here safe.