Chapter 19

Chase's P.O.V

Saturday morning I woke up early for gym with Tyler, a few of the others guys and Asher. The gym was quiet in the morning, better to concentrate in a silent gym rather than the boisterous  chatter normally happening around. My mind kept on going back to last night, finally feeling Nicara's luscious lips on mine for the first time. 

"Hey Alpha is there a reason you're smiling so brightly at the butt-crack of dawn or are you just insane?" Asher  grounded tiredly, catching me in my little daze. I shrugged with a smirk before getting back to the weights. "Did Chase finally get the pu-" I  growled at his vulgar language in distaste, instantly shutting the annoying bastard up. 

"Will you shut up?" I snapped through gritted teeth, leaning over to slap the back of his head. I gave everyone a glare to get back to what they were doing before I continuing my work out. I felt the intense stare of Asher next to me, slowly increasing the longer I tried to ignore it. "Oh for the love of..." I dropped the weight, creating a loud clank as it hit the mat and turned to face my smug looking friend. "Nothing happened Asher." 

He gave me a goofy look, folding his legs one over the other with his elbow resting on his knee,  head titled to the side. "Tell Asher what's on your mind, Chasey." He cooed at me with a wink.

Oh gosh, he's a pain.

"My mate and I, well I think we're actually getting somewhere." I happily admitted to him. 

"I'm happy for you man, so she knows about..." He asked and I sighed with a shake of my head.

"No not yet, I'll wait just a little longer before I tell her." Snatching the towel off the floor to dab at the sweat trickling down my body.  Asher was still sitting on the bench in front of me with a puzzled look on his face, one that I was a bit worried about. "Asher, I think we need to talk." I said to him quietly so the other guys didn't hear us. 

"Yeah, we do, Chase."He looked up at me with a glimpse of fear in his eyes.

"That's not good." Cole growled and I nodded my head in agreement.

 "Let's go to my office back at the pack house, its more private there." I picked up my bags and towel, Asher following me back to the pack house. I closed my office door behind me telling  Asher to sit wherever he wanted to while I made us both coffee. 

"So I gather you already know what this is about." He chuckled to me tiredly as I gave him his coffee.  

"What is with your mate Asher? Something isn't right and I need to know the full story if she's going to be staying in my pack." I told seriously. My pack is my priority and I couldn't let just anyone walk in without knowing who they were, are and would be in the future.  An Alpha protects their pack no matter what and Asher knew that. 

"A month ago, my Beta went on a trip to a village tribe near the East. When he was there, he had gotten so a tone of useful information on the Blood Pack and he reported back to me straight away. I left to go and investigate on what was happening, so I could get information for you, but when we arrived there the entire tribe was  being destroyed, ambushed buy warrior wolves from the Blood pack. We were able to defeat them and the rest retreated back to whatever Hell hole they came from." He stopped for a minute, gulping down some coffee before carrying on. "My mate was one of the very few survivors in the pack. She was heartbroken when I reached her and it tore me apart. I took her back with me to my pack and for the first week, she didn't even say a word to me but she would eat her food which was a relief. Then one day she just opened up to me. I didn't waste any time in asking what had happened, but it took a while for her to trust me and she finally told me what had occurred that night. She told me the Blood Pack had found out that we were trying to find out information about their plans and they were torturing people to tell them what they had told us. Jade lost her family because of the one thing that none of them knew, the answer the one answer the alpha of the Blood Pack wanted." His fists turning white as a sheet and started to shake with ragged breathes.