Chapter 2

Chase's P.O.V

I was on the verge of shifting any minute, to kill that asshole who called me a pup. A pup! I was already having a crappy day due to the tones of alpha duties and then she decides to sit in my chair not even moving when I tell her to. The dodge ball wasn't my fault and I shouldn't be to blame for her lack of skills. Being a hunter, I would have expected more. That's another reason why I wanted to rip both of their heads off. They were both Jackson's, one of the strongest werewolf hunter lines known and also the reason my grandfather is dead.

"You need to relax Chase." Tyler tried his best to calm me down by flapping his hands in front of my face like some sort of fan. Really? All I could think about was her, Nicara bloody Jackson; how much I despised her entire family. That Malachi better stay away from me or I swear his blood will be painted on these school walls. My wolf was eager to come out and rip every person in sight starting with the Jackson's.

"I need to go for a run." I growled, with my back to the school building.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Shane eyed me carefully. I didn't care if it was a good idea or not, I needed to get far away from here before I did something bad. I grabbed his shirt and growled in his face, making my statement clear. Slowly understanding my wishes I let go of him and he backed away raising his hands in defeat.

"I'll meet you guys at the pack house before dark." I told Tyler, my beta and respected friend for years and years. I trust him with my life and visa versa. He nodded and as if a trigger my clothes tore revealing the black hair of my wolf. I bolted before they could turn around to argue. The breeze felt good along my fur, running faster, Cole barked happily as we entered the forest, jumping over logs and dodging trees, speeding up as we felt the twigs and grass underneath our paws. Further and further away we ran until I could not smell her nauseating Lavender scent.

We had been running for a while and I could tell Cole was getting tired, so we rested at the nearby stream. One of the peaceful places I always love to go to. Lying down and staring at the other side of the bank, my mind wondered like it usually did when I was alone. It had been a tough week so far and it wasn't even half way. Dad was on my back again about alpha duties and finding a mate. It got to the point where I could literally mimic his words, which sometimes ended up in me getting a swat on the back of the head. I knew that becoming an alpha wasn't something to take lightly but I had heard it all before; the 'do's' and 'don'ts' that were drilled into my head ever since I hit puberty. While kids were sneaking out to parties and getting drunk while underage, I was listening to my father going on about every werewolf law, making me head spin. While most kids were waking up with searing hangovers from the crazy night before, I was waking up with painful joints from the ruthless training the night before.

I hadn't realized is was getting dark until I felt the slight chill and single silver gleam on the river from the moon. I stood back up and before I could say a word, Cole was sprinting back to the pack house. Staying out of sight wasn't easy when heading past the highway on the open grass. The sun had long past gone down. We are going to be in so much shit. Cole sighed and I couldn't agree anymore as we jumped over the fence. When we arrived at the pack house I shifted back to human form. I hadn't quite thought the whole shifting with my clothes on thing. I stood behind a tree naked and freezing my ass off. I stuck my head out from behind the trees looking up at the window to see the lights were on. I sighed in relief.

"Miya." I whispered loudly but there was no response. I sighed in frustration calling a bit louder.

"What?!" She hissed, leaving me to stand there in shock. Behavior?!