Chapter 13

Nicara's P.O.V

"Forty-five, forty-six, come on Nicara, you got to try to do your best at all times now." Dad instructed as I pulled myself up for my forty-seventh push up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I grunted as drips of sweat formed on my forehead.

"It means you suck right now." Malachi stated, slouching on the gym bench with her arms and legs spread like a starfish. I could tell he was enjoying this.  

"Don't listen to him; I mean you have to keep on working hard, now come on you're almost at sixty push ups." Dad motivated me on, kneeling down in front of me, eyeing me carefully as I went up and down into my push ups. My arms felt like they were about to fall off and my palms had gone numb after the 30th push up. 

Dad woke us up at the crack of dawn and made us jog to the gym! When we arrived he gave us a protein bar and a bottle of water before heading inside to kit up. I swear he seemed more serious then he's ever been about morning training.

"Fifty-nine and... sixty!" He finished. I dropped to the floor dramatically, my arms and legs spread out like, well like a starfish.
"Well done my little fireball." Dad patted my back before stepping over me to fetch the ropes.

"Can you please pass me my bottle?" I panted, holding out my arm towards my bottle. Malachi leaned over to pick up my bottle and tossed it to me. I sat up and took a gulp of the cold liquid. I squinted my eyes, looking down at the bottle in my hand suspiciously. I swallowed the liquid and looked up at Malachi.

"Are you sure you put the right amount of mix in my bottle today?"

"Are you accusing me of poisoning you?" He smirked at me. Maybe it was just a different brand or something so I didn't bother worrying.

"I didn't say you could take a break." Dad raised an eyebrow at me. I groaned, getting up from the mat and dragged my feet as I swayed over to the ropes, where my torturous one hour gym session continued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked slowly to my locker, wincing every few seconds as my hamstring on my left leg tugged a bit. If only I had stretched in the morning before the run, like Malachi did. Stupid. I had a free first lesson which I was very relieved about, so I decided to head to the library to start with some of my math work but I got stopped by Tammy and her swarm of flies halfway there.

"You little bitch!" She barked at me. I was about to ask her what I had done when I noticed her puffy red eyes.

What the heck did I do? 

"I swear this is all you fault! I wish you were six feet under you homewrecker!" She screeched. 

Excuse me?!

"Tammy let's just go. She's not even worth it." One of the girls stroked her shoulder while glaring at me. They stormed passed me, down the hall and around the corner, before I could even register what the heck just happened. I stood there shocked and confused. She seemed to have caught a few people's attention during her outburst.

With all eyes on me I gulped nervously. The doors on the right seemed like my only option to avoid the curious stares. I took a deep breath in and out before deciding to find the one person who might have an idea as to why Tammy put me on her Kill Bill list.

It took a while to find Chase. With all the buzz inside, I knew he would be somewhere outside to try and stay clear of it all. I looked at him sitting on the bleachers, with his head buried between his arms and his elbows on his knees. I don't know why but I just wanted to run up to him and hug him tightly. Controlling the weird urge, I casually walked to where he sat alone, taking the seat quietly next to him.