Chapter 1- Shocking News!

It is the summer after 5th year. Hermione is sitting in her room reading a book when her mother calls her downstairs
"Hermione dear! Could you come down here please?"
"Yes mum, I'm coming!"
She puts down her book and climbs down the stairs, wondering why her mother has called her. Upon reaching the sitting room she's surprised to see her parents with grim looks on their faces.

Out of curiosity, she asks,"Mum, Dad, why are you so serious? What happened?"
"Darling, we have something to tell you."
"What is it? Did I do something?"
"No dear. It's - it's something that we hid from you."

Hermione is puzzled and looks questioningly at her parents. Her dad sighs and says, " Hermione, we are -"
"You're what?"
"We're squibs. Making you a -"
"A pure-blood." Her mother finished.

Hermione looked shocked, unable to process what had just been said. "I'm a pure-blood? And you never told me? How could you bloody hide something like this from me?!"
"Try to understand, dear, we wanted to tell you when you got your Hogwarts letter, but-"
"But what, huh? How can you even justify something like this!"
"But you got sorted into Gryffindor."

Hermione looked, confused, at both of them trying to make sense of the words they'd just said.
"How does me being sorted into Gryffindor have to do we anything?"
"Well, we were sorted into Slytherin before they found out we're squibs. Our friends were Slytherins too. In fact your mother's maiden name was Jean Louise Black. If we told you, you'd want to tell people, talk to our friend's children, and that would cause a big scandal."

Hermione was livid. "So you would rather not tell your only daughter that she is in fact a pure-blood if it caused a scandal! What kind of parents are you? You should be ashamed! No wonder you were sorted into Slytherin!"
"Hermione, please don't act like this!"
"No! Why shan't I? I just found out my whole life is a lie!"
"Hermione, please! We've called some guests over tonight, some old school friends, you can't act like this in front of them!"
"You've invited people over too? Is there anything else I need to know? That you're animagus? You're vampires? I'm adopted?"
"Yes, dear. We've invited the Malfoys." Said her parents, ignoring the last bit.

For the second time that day, Hermione was too shocked to speak. After a few tries, she finally managed to get a few words out.
"You what now?"
"We invited the Malfoys over for dinner."
"How could you? You know that I hate them! I refuse to be in the same room as them! What is wrong with you?!?"

With that, she stomped up the stairs to her room."Hermione, wait-", her mum started, but was cut off by the slamming if a door.