Chapter 16 - Kisses and Transfiguration

"So, you called weasel a weasel?", Draco asked in an amused tone.

Hermione replied, a little red in the face,"It's not like I meant it, it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing!"

"No, you are getting influenced by my Slytherin-like qualities. Now, you're finally worth my attention."

"You mean I wasn't worthy of your attention before?" she raised her eyebrows, amused.

Draco looked confused (and kind of scared) for a second, but then that look changed to exasperation. "For fuck's sake! You women always twist our words into something we didn't say."

"What do you mean you women? That is stereotyping, you know."

"So?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and chuckled over the stupidity of Draco Malfoy.

They were nearing the Transfiguration classroom when Draco stopped and asks her a question,"What are you gonna do with the Felix Felicis anyway?"

Before Hermione could reply, Crabbe, Goyle and Tracey Davis walked up to them, with Tracey in the lead

"Malfoy? What are you doing here?" asked Crabbe, with a confused expression (like always) on his face.

"Yeah, Malfoy. Where have you been? I haven't seen you since term started." Tracey asked suspiciously,"You're always with this...girl." she said the last word as if she actually wanted to say something else.

"Well this 'girl'," Draco started, mocking her, "Happens to be my friend."

Tracey suddenly froze, then clarified,"Wait a minute – she's your friend?" looking flabbergasted.

"Yeah, got a problem with that?" asked Hermione, looking a bit miffed.

"Yes! Why is he hanging out with a mudblood like you? What spell have you put on him, Granger?" asking the last part with her eyes narrowing, leaving in in a threatening manner.

"There's no spell, Davis. Don't talk to her like that. And she's a pureblood, so she stays with. You'll have to bear with her if you still want to be my friend, Or you can go hang out with Millicent Bullstrode.

Looking offended, Tracey said,"No, thank you! I'm not staying with a Gryffindor whether or not she's a pureblood. And don't insult Millie!" She turned back angrily, flipping her hair, and stormed into class.

Meanwhile Crabbe and Goyle just stood there like buffoons, not comprehending anything that just happened.

"Wait, what?" was all Goyle had to say.

Draco sighed,"Guess you'll never gt any smarter. Hermione - is - staying - with - us.", he said, as if explaining a child.

"Oh!" ,was Crabbe's intelligent response.

Draco rolled his eyes and said, "Let's go Hermione."

They walked into class. McGonagall hadn't arrived yet, so they found a desk at the back to sit on.

When seated, Hermione said to Draco in a low voice," You didn't have to do that you know."

"Do what?"

"Make Tracey go. I don't mind her. You don't have to lose your friends because of me."

Draco smirked,"Davis wasn't my friend. She just hung out with Pansy and in turn hung out with me. Besides," he said, switching to a lower tone,"You're totally worth it."

Hermione blushed bright red.
"Seriously? We're in class!" she reprimanded him, trying to ignore the fluttering in her heart.

"Class! Settle down!"
McGonagall's voice suddenly rang throughout the whole class. Hermione immediately righted and took out her quill for taking notes.

Draco shook his head and muttered under his breathe,"Unbelievable."

"Okay, everyone, today we'll practice
'Vera Verto'. Can anyone remember what that is?"

Hermione's hand went up.

"Yes, Ms.Granger?"

"It's a spell for converting animals to inanimate objects."

But instead of lauding her like usual, the Professor was staring at her and her desk partner very weirdly, as if she were baffled.

"Uh...professor?" Hermione asked, confused.

"Oh, uh...nothing. 10 points to Gryffindor," said McGonagall breaking out of hr stupor,"Alright now, tap three times..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(time lapse)~~~~~~~~~

"That was so boring!" Draco exclaimed, as soon as they got out of the class.

"I liked it."

"You like everything educational," Draco rolled his eyes,"Besides did you see McG's reaction when she saw us? It was priceless!"

"Professor was just surprised! And many people will react that way. We have been enemies since first year."

"Will you stop with that?"

"Why? It was your prejudice that got us into this mess."

"Well, I can make up for it."

"How?" Hermione asked suspiciously.

"Like this."
He put his arms around her waist and pulled her close. Very close.

"Draco! What are you doing?" she hissed, trying and failing to keep her pulse rate normal.

"No one's here. Arithmancy doesn't start for 15 minutes. Abandoned classroom right here."

Hermione gasped slightly, but before she could do anything, he pulled her with him into said classroom, and didn't waste time in kissing her.

Hermione now kissed back, too overwhelmed by her raging teenage hormones to protest.

Draco's hand slipped under her shirt, but she didn't bother stopping him. She ran her hands through his hair, ruffling it, messing it up, tugging at it in times.

It was at this moment that she realised something very crucial...

*

A/N: Ha ha! Cliffhanger! We got you guys! You'll probably guess what it is anyway, but for those of you who won't, next chapter's coming out in a few days. So, we're not that evil. Tell us if you want us to continue the make-out session in the comments. Okay, Byeeee!!!
-Love you all!❤️💛💚💙💜🖤
-XxDramioneShippersxX