Chapter 17 - Arithmancy and Envious Gingers

Recap:
It was at this moment that she realised something very crucial...

***************

...I love him.

This realisation frightened her. Firstly, she didn't know if he loved her back. I mean, she wasn't an idiot. She knew he liked her. Romantically. But love?

I mean, she was on the verge of bunking a class while making out in an abandoned classroom. It may seem wild to her, but it was normal to everyone else.

Maybe I'm mistaking my feelings.
Maybe I'm...

Wait... I can't bunk class!

Hermione suddenly pushed Draco away and shouted,"Arithmancy! I have Arithmancy."

She ran her hands through her hair, trying to look as if she'd not just been in a heavy make out session.

Draco, meanwhile, looked extremely put off. "Why can't you just ditch?" He whined.

Hermione raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Are you serious? No. No way. Besides, I have a free period after this."

"And you'll meet me here?"

"Alright then."

She gave him one last peck on the cheek and left (a bit reluctantly) for her Arithmancy lesson. It felt a bit weird leaving him, especially after her recent revelation. But it's not like she had a choice. She'd ditch a lesson over her dead body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Time Lapse)~~~~~~~~

Throughout the lesson, Hermione couldn't concentrate. All the while she was thinking about her new maybe-revelation.

Do I seriously love him? Maybe I just like him a lot. I mean, I've only ever known Victor as a male companion (romantically). I've almost nothing to compare it to.

But deep down, she knew. She knew she loved him. And this terrified her all over again.

What if he doesn't love me back? I don't wan to get hurt.

She decided to not tell him till she was sure he reciprocated the feelings.

"Miss Granger? Are you listening?"

Hermione came out of her trance and looked up at the professor,"Yes, professor?"

"Were you listening to what I just asked you?"

Hermione sheepishly replied,"No, professor."

The professor shook her head as if she was disappointed in her. A few of the Ravenclaws snickered.

"I'm letting it go this time, Hermione," said the professor, shifting back to her first name,"But I will not excuse it again. Now, as I was saying..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~(Time Lapse)~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang, signalling the end of the period. Hermione got up to leave, quickly stuffing her arithmancy textbook into her bookbag.

As she was exiting the class, Professor Wilson called out from behind her,"Don't forget to do your two page essay on the importance of numbers in magic!"

Hermione hurried down the corridor to the abandoned classroom. What she didn't notice was the envious ginger following her.

She reached the class and quickly slipped in.

"Draco?"

Almost immediately two muscular arms enveloped her from behind and she felt herself getting picked up.

"Ahhh...what are you doing?'
Hermione said half shrieking, half laughing.

"I don't know. Let's see... I'm holding the prettiest girl in the universe in my arms."

Hermione blushed,"That's not true. And you didn't tell me why."

Draco put her down and she turned around to face him.

"I felt like it." he said, stepping closer to her.

And just like that, Hermione couldn't take it anymore. She stood on her toes, wrapped her hands around his neck, and kissed him.

He pulled her closer to him if that was even possible and kissed her back, hands roaming under her shirt.

And from outside the classroom, Ron listened in their conversation. His face and the tip of his ears slowly went red with anger.

Ferret's gonna pay for this.