Six: Not Him

Thank you guys for all the support! I WANNA HUG ALL OF YOU ❤❤

****************************

*Aletha*

It was still dark when Aletha felt his presence flood into the air around her again. She stilled and almost stopped breathing. Involuntary terror pumped through her veins again. What did he want from her? Why was he coming to her again?

She thought he would at least leave her alone for the rest of the night. But he wouldn't even give her that pleasure. He was going to terrorize her for disobeying him.

She got up from the bed, still naked, and looked frantically for something to wear. If she would see him again, she would do it with a shred of dignity still intact. He would never catch her so vulnerable again.

She found another door in her room and assumed it was the closet. When she opened it, she gasped as her eyes went wide. There were rows and rows of dresses made for her. When she plucked one out, she knew it was undeniably her size. Not knowing what this meant, she cleared her head and slipped into the gown. Then she ran to the window and to her surprise found most of the pack still outside, wide awake. They seemed to be doing everything as if it was daytime. Like the night didn't matter to them.

Was it really true then? That the Night Pack lived in the night like nocturnal animals? Was it their custom? Tradition? Some strange way of life she wasn't aware of?

It unsettled her even more than before. What were these people?

Her door opened, and she snapped her head, knowing already who it was. Her heart stuttered and she watched him with wide eyes as he closed the door.

He had the decency to finally wear some clothes. There was a tray in his hand as he walked to her bed and set it on the sheets. He sat down, his large body causing the mattress to dip at his weight. "Come here. Sit down next to me."

His voice sounded deceptively gentle, and that made her suspicious. Very slowly, she set on the other side of the bed, her body rigid with awareness of him. She tried not to breathe hard and take in his scent, but it was hard when his smell wafted so heavily through the air. And it smelled like the ocean mixed with fresh blood.

"How are you going to eat if you're sitting so far away?"

"I'm not hungry," she said darkly. "I don't want to eat anything."

"You're going to lose a lot of energy and maybe even more of your sanity if you don't start eating," he said.

She glared at him. "Is that an order? That I have to eat or you're going to choke me to death or something? Then just try me, Alpha," she spat. "There. I said it. Happy now? You're my Alpha. Now go torment another innocent female who never did anything to you."

He took in a deep breath, and she knew she got under his skin. He regarded her coldly. "That's right, Aletha. I am your Alpha. And I don't torment just any female. I have many thoughts of tormenting you...all of which involve you naked."

"I can't take this anymore," she hissed. "Why are you so vulgar?"

He snickered. "Many people call me vulgar, dear. Do you have anything more inventive than that? I know you can do better."

"I know I can do better than being with someone like you," she snarled.

He started laughing in his deep, sinister voice. It sent chills through her body. "Love, I'm an upgrade from that filthy traitor you thought was your mate. Lucien is a pathetic little asshole, and I can kill him if I want to."