Thirty-Eight: Only A Whore

You don't have to read this if you haven't read/weren't reading "Don't Love Me."

So many of you asked why I suddenly took down Don't Love Me. Well, life happens very suddenly, and the reasons for taken down DLM kept building and building until everything just snapped and I had to delete it.

First, it occurred to me that the Wattpad audience is not really the mainstream audience. There are many readers who don't have much idea of what abuse can really do to you. It ruins you. A lot of Wattpad stories glorify abuse, and many seem to think that it's normal and not a big deal. Wrong. So fucking wrong. I've seen so many insensitive and misogynistic things that make me wonder if I really should be writing certain things on Wattpad. My works don't glorify any form of abuse for a reason, and that's because ABUSE IS WRONG. No woman or man should be in an abusive relationship, period. So if you're going to read about abuse, torture, and the reality of being a woman, please inform yourself. And if you're going to write about it, do it the right way. We should be EMPOWERING women, not holding them down by their throats.

Besides that, I would really appreciate it if you guys let me know about anyone who steals my work. I dealt with a few, some here and some on other sites. I've even had people email me, asking to use my work to promote their sites. Sorry, but that's not possible. It takes a lot of effort to write and I'm still emotionally exhausted after writing DLM. Every single word that I wrote came from my heart.

Also, I need to edit the story. I feel like many missed the mark with Iyla. What she'd gone through with Maddox messed her up. She IS the psychotic queen, but she wasn't always that way. She is vengeful because she'd been abused, murdered, and had her motherhood ripped away from her. I think it was a bad idea to write DLM as a werewolf story, but since I already wrote it, whatever. I don't know when I'll post anything yet, but I'll announce it when I do.

Lastly, my fiancé needs me right now. A lot of things happened and I never told you guys how personal Don't Love Me is to me. Particularly Iyla. Besides the murder and the curse, her story is real. My fiance's mother is what inspired Iyla's character, and I just LOVE that woman. She's my best friend.

Anyway, I just need to reflect a little, and having DLM up on Wattpad right now was invading that privacy. I'll keep updating HLMM, but I need to give my life priority and it seems that I need a break from a lot of things.

*****

*Aletha*

He'd made her go to sleep after that.

"Dream," he'd murmured against her. "And don't look back. That's where the nightmares are. Always look in front of you and you will dream."

It didn't take her long to fall slack into his arms as he carried her to bed. She remembered feeling of his body resting beside her for a moment before his scent was gone. Noticing the loss, she tried tearing her eyes open since panic consumed her. The new bond was strong, forcing her to acknowledge every part of him. And without him...she'd felt empty.

But she'd forced herself to return to sleep. Tonight's festivities were over. Rush had planned to feed them the first night so the full moon's magic could satisfy their thirst for the remaining days they would be here.

She didn't know if she was dreaming. All she knew was that she wasn't in her recurring nightmares anymore. She didn't smell the wastes of release, the blood on the walls, the putrid smell of urine. She didn't see chains or blades or a prison cell. No, she saw her home.

It was the Crimson Pack.

She didn't feel so alone like she'd always felt. There was warmth in the air, exuding from the heat of her pack. The Ironlands were warmer than the Darklands, always full of springtime. There was no winter or summer. Just endless springtime with sweetness in the grasslands.